Cruzh - s/t

Stefan

13254434_1073974159325301_78715365825428

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of the self titled debut album from Swedish AOR-sters Cruzh on August 26th!

CRUZH was put together, after the demise of Swedish glam rockers TrashQueen, in which both Anton Joensson and Dennis Butabi Borg played. They shared a love for melodic rock and AOR and joined forces with Tony Andersson, who previously worked as a studio musician on the never released TrashQueen record.

It all started in March 2013 when CRUZH was announced online. The only things shown to the public were an image of the silhouette of the three band members, the debut song "In a Blink of an Eye," information that the band was Swedish, and the text "Get ready for the CRUZH". The song quickly spread on the internet and both Swedish and international websites and radio stations played it and speculated about the identities of the band members. In May came the sequel "Stay", which continued in the same melodic rock spirit. Meanwhile, the band spread various clues on social media regarding their whereabouts. In the fall of 2013 CRUZH had reached a point where they chose to “unmask” and take it all to the next level and reach out to the masses together with the release of the Hard To Get EP, the first of two very successful self-produced demos. Hard To Get and its successor, the darker Aim For The Head got great reviews worldwide.

By late spring of 2015, just when Cruzh was about to release a new EP, they were approached by Frontiers Music Srl who wanted to sign the band, so CRUZH started the recording process by the end of summer 2015. The result is truly an awesome debut, in the spirit of Def Leppard, Danger Danger, H.E.A.T, Winger, Firehouse and Bryan Adams.

“We all share the love for Melodic Rock,” says bassist Dennis Butabi Borg, “but in the meantime we all have very different musical background and inspirations. This shows in our songs”. “When we started out, almost immediately I felt this synergy in the band,” adds Tony Andersson, “and despite our musical backgrounds and differences, we all head in the same direction.” “When a piece of music is coming to me and I am developing someone else’s work, I am filled with some sort of emotion that I want to convey,” concludes guitarist Anton Joensson, “it’s easy to do this in a natural way with CRUZH because I could not feel more at home with our band and the music we create. This is also true with Tony and Dennis. This is who we are!”

CRUZH tracklisting includes the following songs:

In N' Out Of Love

First Cruzh

Aim For The Head

Anything For You

Survive

Stay

Hard To Get

You

Set Me Free

Before I Walk Alone

Straight From My Heart

CRUZH
Dennis Butabi Borg – bass
Anton Joensson – rhythm, lead and acoustic guitars on all tracks, backing vocals
Tony Andersson – lead vocals on all tracks, keyboards

With
Erik Wiss – piano on “Anything For You”, intro on “In N’ Out of Love”
Louisian Boltner – drums on all tracks
Mattias Silfver – backing vocals on all tracks
Martin Johansson – backing vocals on “Anything For You”
Patrik Norén – backing vocals on “Aim For The Head”

PRODUCED BY : Erik Wiss at Wiss Music Productions

FB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5pn4HL3R1E

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds rather nice, but jeez I still hate that band name. Good tunes, though. Some are great.

• My Little Pony

Been waiting on this a minute. Glad to see it's actually happening. Also, that EPK was awkward as hell.

I bookmarked this one to have a look at, probably based on one song I heard.

Not sure which one that was, but having heard all the samples above, I'm not too sure about this.

Ballads are probably what I'll gravitate towards.

The 'heavier' songs sound very 'contained' to me.

This is probably because of the vocals which are kinda Ted Poleyish and have that soft tone.

I generally prefer a louder, slightly rawer sound, but I'll still give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this released on Frontier's FB page. I'm not sure what I think of this yet. The music sounds decent on first listen and the Def Leppard reference get's my attention....but I personally think it's a terrible band name and terrible song title and it's clouding my judgement a bit.

NEW SONG & VIDEO ALERT: Attention all fans of AOR, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Y&T, Night Ranger, '80s hard rock and the like...please meet Sweden's Cruzh Official and their debut single, "First Cruzh" from the upcoming self-titled debut album! Turn this one up LOUD and ENJOY! And when you're done, listen again!

CRUZH is out August 26th and can be pre-ordered on iTunes here:http://radi.al/CruzhiTunes (iTunes pre-orders come with an instant download of "First Cruzh".)

Sound on that one was a lot better. Maybe the kids had been screwing with my speakers before, but I can't tell because the original clips posted are gone.

Certainly a rounded sound, but not too bad. I'll probably give this a fair go.

I like the new tune. Some Leppard moments for sure.

Yeah...tune is a grower. And I'm getting over the name more once I realized it's actually just "Crush".

I may need to hear another song or two but this might be a purchase. I do like the sound of "Survive" from the EPK also.

• 1 month later...
Been watching for some initial impressions....Positive sounding review....

Back in 2013 in my daily 'surfing' on You Tube, I 'crushed' upon a superb song of pure Melodic Rock bliss with the title "In A Blink Of An Eye". The band was called CruSh. I searched on the internet to find more info about this so cool band but unfortunately I didn't find anything. The band kept a mystery around itself. I achieved to interview the band's bass player (read the interview here) and so I found a couple of interesting things about CruSh's history. But no names!!!

Time passed by and nowadays, and after the change of the band's name to Cruzh, with a strong record deal with Frontiers Record the long awaited debut record is finally a reality. Cruzh consists of Dennis Butabi Borg on bass, Anton Joensson on guitars and Tony Andersson on lead vocals and keyboards and their mission is to play solid melodic rock stuff with an 80's vibe in it that will please each and every single fan of this particular scene.

Cruzh was raised up with bands such as Def Leppard, TOTO, Journey, Bon Jovi and these kinda of acts and that's a thing that reflects in each song here. The melodies are big, the vocals are passionate, the guitars are 'crunchy' and generally everything here is pure melodic rock heaven. I would describe this debut as edgy AOR with attitude.

"In N' Out Of Love" that opens this debut is simply breathtaking. A smooth melodic gem with a huge chorus line and harmonies straight out of heaven! With "First Cruzh" you are gonna fall in love with these guys while in "Aim For The Head" we have another killer Scandi-AOR hymn full of grandiose melodies, superb arrangements and an 80's feeling!!! "Survive", "Hard To Get" and the Def Leppard-ish "You" are all three excellent samples of Cruzh's music. Super catchy, in-your-face and melodic as it gets!! "Set Me Free" is one of the album's highlights!! A fast-paced rocker that grabs you at once and makes you wanna turn the volume on maximum volume. Stunning!!!

Closing my review, I will repeat myself by saying that Cruzh's debut is super catchy, in-your-face and melodic as it gets!!! A killer melodic rock album that set the nominate for the best debut of 2016 and why not for the album of the year!!

Rating : 9,5/10

Track Listing :

In N' Out Of Love

First Cruzh

Aim For The Head

Anything For You

Survive

Stay

Hard To Get

You

Set Me Free

Before I Walk Alone

Straight From My Heart

They dropped another song from the upcoming album.....Not sure if this is exactly the same as the version in the first post as I had never listened to that.

Album is off to a pretty good start to my ears.

• 2 weeks later...

They dropped another song from the upcoming album.....Not sure if this is exactly the same as the version in the first post as I had never listened to that.

Album is off to a pretty good start to my ears.

Well that is just superb.