Van Halen - Tokyo Dome Live In Concert

LOS ANGELES – Van Halen will release its first-ever live album to feature original singer David Lee Roth. Recorded on June 21, 2013 at the famed Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan, TOKYO DOME LIVE IN CONCERT includes 23 songs, spanning all seven of the band’s albums with Roth. It will be released as a double CD; four-LP set on 180-gram vinyl; and digitally beginning March 31, 2015.

TOKYO DOME LIVE IN CONCERT features an electrifying performance by singer David Lee Roth, guitarist Eddie Van Halen, drummer Alex Van Halen, and bassist Wolfgang Van Halen. Mixed by award-winning engineer and mixer Bob Clearmountain (Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Roxy Music, Nine Inch Nails, and many more), and mastered by Chris Bellman, the album features such classic anthems as “Dance The Night Away,” “Beautiful Girls,” “And The Cradle Will Rock…” “Unchained,” and “Everybody Wants Some!!” as well as blistering versions of “Tattoo,” “She’s The Woman,” and “China Town” from the group’s most recent studio album, A Different Kind of Truth.

A deluxe collection featuring Tokyo Dome Live In Concert and the newly remastered Van Halen and 1984 albums, as both a four-CD set and a six-LP vinyl set in special packaging, are also available.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Unchained

2. Runnin’ With The Devil

3. She’s The Woman

4. I’m The One

5. Tattoo

6. Everybody Wants Some!!

7. Somebody Get Me A Doctor

8. China Town

9. Hear About It Later

10. (Oh) Pretty Woman

11. Me & You (Drum Solo)

12. You Really Got Me

13. Dance The Night Away

14. I’ll Wait

15. Cradle Will Rock…

16. Hot For Teacher

17. Women In Love…

18. Romeo Delight

19. Mean Street

20. Beautiful Girls

21. Ice Cream Man

22. Panama

23. Eruption (Complete Guitar Solo)

24. Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love

25. Jump

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah agree gene, everybody's attending Van Halen show know that they just pay attention to Eddie's lick and hear Lee Roth's comedic 'speech' and his spectacular stunt when he's young is a stunner I guess. Hagar is always a better singer but I've watched couple of Van Hagar live on video and yeah the stage performance of Dave is simply unmatched, Sammy can sing but he can't dance :D

I'd be happy if these guys packed up and we didn't hear from them again. It's over VH and has been for a very long time.

Agreed. Did not like the reunion album, maybe listened to it twice. Balance was the last great album but I even like III.

This live cd sounds like shit and his vocals have always been nothing short of talking instead of singing.

I LOVE Van Halen, but they should have called it a day after 'Balance'. We all know that DLR has always been about the show and his larger-than-life personality, but this IS truly awful.

I've got bootlegs that piss all over this ...

• 3 weeks later...

My cousin is a massive VH fan and loves DLR. I've never rated DLR and was pleased he left back in the day. You should of heard some of our Hagar Vs Roth debates over the years. They were long, animated and by the end inebriated :)

It doesn't surprise me to hear Diamond Dave is awful on this release. I doubt he's ever been much better!

I once saw a VH tribute band somewhere a long time ago, i've been wracking my brains trying to remember when and what they were called but it's just not there anymore, and they were really really good. Far better than real VH. I should've recorded the gig somehow!

My cousin is a massive VH fan and loves DLR. I've never rated DLR and was pleased he left back in the day. You should of heard some of our Hagar Vs Roth debates over the years. They were long, animated and by the end inebriated :)

It doesn't surprise me to hear Diamond Dave is awful on this release. I doubt he's ever been much better!

I once saw a VH tribute band somewhere a long time ago, i've been wracking my brains trying to remember when and what they were called but it's just not there anymore, and they were really really good. Far better than real VH. I should've recorded the gig somehow!

As much as I love Van Halen, they're flogging a dead horse now ... DLR is a pale imitation of his former self, and the band are simply chasing the money. Like I said earlier, they should have called it a day after 'Balance' ...

I enjoyed the last album and I'd like to think they can still put on an entertaining show.

Live Roth has always been about the swagger than being pitch perfect. Age isn't correcting that.

Basically this release has 0 value. Maybe there are some diehard fans who'd disagree but all I can see it doing is damaging the legacy.

• 2 years later...