Spoken - IX

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

I am liking it but its nowhere near as good as their last one imo

I love that album. I still remember trying to push that mofo on this forum and feeling like no one was listening, lol, as per usual. But I agree that album was great, and based on these samples, this sounds pretty great too. I'm actually really looking forward to hearing this. 'Remember the memories' sounds absolutely delicious.

I love that album. I still remember trying to push that mofo on this forum and feeling like no one was listening, lol, as per usual. But I agree that album was great, and based on these samples, this sounds pretty great too. I'm actually really looking forward to hearing this. 'Remember the memories' sounds absolutely delicious.

Yep that was a great disc ,not a bad song on it ! The newie is growing on me with further spins ,another solid album from an underappreciatd band imo , have you heard the last chance to breathe disc from 2005? Another good one !

Yep that was a great disc ,not a bad song on it ! The newie is growing on me with further spins ,another solid album from an underappreciatd band imo , have you heard the last chance to breathe disc from 2005? Another good one !

Yeah, I'm a big fan of that one too. Like you say, a very good band that flies under the radar for most.

• 5 years later...
16 hours ago, Hang N Out said:

I was listening to a few songs of these guys on Youtube and I don't see where they are a Christian band? Or is this one of those secular band that has members claiming to be Christians?

They're a Christian band--a 2 second Google search easily reveals that--but if you're looking for "praise Jesus" lyrics, you'll want to look elsewhere.

The definition of what Christian music is must have been changed.  It used to mean the band would sing songs that were lifting up the Lord Jesus and bringing glory to the Father or at the lest speak favorably of Jesus and of living a Christian lifestyle.

Now, it seems a band can be secular and they just claim to be Christian but there's very little if any evidence that they are Christian.  If they are going to be a secular band with band members that are Christian maybe they should just say that rather than calling themselves a Christian band when none of their sings are about the Lord.

I guess this is all in line with people who claim to be Christians living as though they aren't saved which has become popular in these last days where the falling away spoken of in 2nd Thess is in full swing.

5 hours ago, Hang N Out said:

The definition of what Christian music is must have been changed.  It used to mean the band would sing songs that were lifting up the Lord Jesus and bringing glory to the Father or at the lest speak favorably of Jesus and of living a Christian lifestyle.

Now, it seems a band can be secular and they just claim to be Christian but there's very little if any evidence that they are Christian.  If they are going to be a secular band with band members that are Christian maybe they should just say that rather than calling themselves a Christian band when none of their sings are about the Lord.

I guess this is all in line with people who claim to be Christians living as though they aren't saved which has become popular in these last days where the falling away spoken of in 2nd Thess is in full swing.

I believe bands whether they are full of Christians or not should be able to sing about whatever they want to sing about. Insisting that lyrics must have a certain ratio of "Jesus's per minute" is just a limiting exercise and has led to the complete destruction of the so-called CCM industry, whereby now the only music being (mass) produced is throwaway "worship" music of very poor quality.

A Christian artist should take pride in producing art that is a good quality and behaving in a way that brings honour to his/her saviour. Just like a Christian plumber should do a good job plumbing and be honourable in their business. It isn't the occupation that makes one Christian. You should be Christian in everything you do whether it is as an accountant or a soldier or an artist. 

I don't know of any builder who exclusively and only works for other Christians. And if such were the case, then that is sad. The same should be for any musical artist. Christian music shouldn't even be a genre. They play Rock N Roll and that is for everyone.

I believe bands whether they are full of Christians or not should be able to sing about whatever they want to sing about.

I do too... and when they are not singing ongs that the Lord is blessed with, it's not Christian music.

Pretty simple when you think about it.

A Christian artist should take pride in producing art that is a good quality and behaving in a way that brings honour to his/her saviour

Then they would not be producing secular music.

Besides, actually hard rocking Christian music can be all about the Lord and it has nothing to do with radio friendly CCM industry

Christian music shouldn't even be a genre. They play Rock N Roll and that is for everyone.

So "christians" can cover satanic music like Dio and Slayer and the Lord will bless them for that?

It's too bad those claiming to be Christians don't bother reading what God says about things like this in His Word which determines how He will judge them once they leave club earth causing many who thought they were saved to end up not spending eternity with the Lord Jesus Christ.

But, I get it... people like to go by what's popular and go by their feelings rather than what the Lord says because they don't know the Lord and they aren't living in agreement with Him due to the majority of churches teaching false doctrine that does not come from God's Word.

Most folks think that "if I feel it's OK, then it must be OK" 

Edited by Hang N Out

21 hours ago, Hang N Out said:

There are Christian bands that sing about Jesus, God, salvation, Hell, redemption, sin, etc. And then there are Christian bands that sing about spiritual themes such as hope, despair, damnation, chaos, darkness, etc.  For the record, David, the psalmist in the Bible, did both. The psalms are not a non-stop barrage of lifting up God and praising Him. There's a whole lot of despair in them as well, so saying that Christians can only sing "happy-happy-joy-joy-Jesus-Jesus" songs runs counter to scripture.

Ultimately, listen to whatever kind of Christian music appeals to you. God knows--pun intended--that's there's enough to satisfy pretty much any spiritual mindset you may have.

• Like 1

Sure David spent a lot of time pleading with the Lord after he committed adultery and had the lady's husband whacked so that had meaning that today's bands producing secular music doesn't have.

There's much wisdom under the New Testament they didn't have back then that should be considered such as worldly sorrow produces death (separation from God) which is all that despair, damnation, chaos, darkness you speak of.

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Then there just being worldly as most of these folks claiming to be Christians live secular lives because they don't know the Lord.  When listening or reading interviews you can see un-Christian fruit in their lives.  Jesus tells us a good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit (Matthew 7:18)

So being worldly and living a secular lifestyle is not going to work in the end.

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Edited by Hang N Out

22 hours ago, Hang N Out said:

It's too bad those claiming to be Christians don't bother reading what God says about things like this in His Word which determines how He will judge them once they leave club earth causing many who thought they were saved to end up not spending eternity with the Lord Jesus Christ.

It must be nice to be so certain about who goes to Hell and to know the mind of the Infinite God with such certainty that you have the only true interpretation of His Word and all others before you were false. So certain of one's own holiness that you can see the motes in the eyes of other Christians. It must come from only drinking milk from a Christian cow. Steve Taylor quote for you below about this very topic:

So you need a new car?
Let your fingers take a walk
Through the business guide for the born-again flock.
You'll be keeping all your money
In the Kingdom now,
And you'll only drink milk from a Christian cow.
Don't you go casting your bread
To keep the heathen well-fed
Line Christian pockets instead,
Avoid temptation-
Guilty by association.
Turn the radio on
To a down-home drawl.
Hear a byrlcream prophet
With a message for y'all.
"Well I've found a new utensil
In the devil's toolbox
And the heads are gonna roll
When Jesus rocks.
I'ts of a worldly design.
God's music should be divine!
Try buying records like mine,
Avoid temptation"-
Guilty by association.
So you say it's of the devil
And we've got no choice
'Cause you heard a revelation
From the "still small voice"?
(Psst hey you)
If the Bible doesn't back it
Then it seems quite clear
Perhaps it was the devil
Who whispered in your ear!
It's a Telethon Tuesday
For "The Gospel Club"-
Send your money in now
Or they're gonna pull the plug!
Just remember this fact
When they plead and beg:
When the chicken squawks loudest,
Gonna lay a big egg.
You could be smelling a crook,
You should be checking The Book,
But you'd rather listen thank look,
The implication-
Guilty by association.

It must be nice to be so certain about who goes to Hell and to know the mind of the Infinite God

God has spoken... in His Word so that man can know and understand what God expects of man.

Then, the Lord had the Holy Spirit come to lead and guide man in to all Truth and Jesus tells us God's Word is Truth.  Therefore mankind is without excuse.

It's too bad people like yourself cannot be a part of meaningful discussion about what God has spoken to man... your pride has blinded you and this will not end well for you .

Meanwhile, enjoy your cute little poems rather than digging in to what the Lord has to see... par for course!

Edited by Hang N Out

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've gotta say "Hang N Out", firstly, welcome to the forum. I would've said that in your introduction post, but you didn't bother to post one.

Secondly, you're coming off as a bit self righteous and it's almost like you're trying to pick a fight. Not very Christian behaviour IMHO. 

Thirdly, I'm not sure who you think you are?, after less than 20 posts, attacking 2 well established and well respected Christian members (Auslander, Metalmaniac 777).

No, not very Christian at all.

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Thirdly, I'm not sure who you think you are?, after less than 20 posts, attacking 2 well established and well respected Christian members (Auslander, Metalmaniac 777).

Wait, do we respect @auslander? Are we respecting him? Nobody told me. 

;}

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Darkstone said:

...I'm not sure who you think you are? After less than 20 posts, attacking 2 well-established and well-respected Christian members (Auslander, Metalmaniac 777).

I'm just happy to hear that after 21 years at Heavy Harmonies, I'm finally respected...:P

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony
45 minutes ago, metalmaniac777 said:

I'm just happy to hear that after 21 years at Heavy Harmonies, I'm finally respected...:P

Yeah, we weren't sure about you for the first 20. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, we weren't sure about you for the first 20. 

Understandable ... I've known me for 50 years and still don't respect myself half the time!!

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, metalmaniac777 said:

Sorry mate, that was a typo.

I meant to type "retarded"  ;)