Santa Cruz - s/t

Stefan

10846460_10154879206945251_5181295956223

From FB:

SANTA CRUZ TO RELEASE BRAND NEW SELF-TITLED ALBUM VIA SPINEFARM AND ANNOUNCE EUROPEAN AND UK TOUR WITH AMARANTHE!

Album release:

March 6th - FINLAND & GSA
March 9th - UK & REST OF EUROPE
March 10th - USA

Track listing as follows:

1. Bonafide Heroes
2. Velvet Rope
3. My Remedy
4. 6(66) Feet Under
5. Bye Bye Babylon
6. We Are The Ones To Fall
7. Wasted & Wounded
8. Let Them Burn
9. Vagabonds (Sing With Me)
10. Can You Feel The Rain

10523556_10155024722935251_1809281960593

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great live show they put on about a month ago in New York City. They will be back in The States in May... Make sure you catch a show if it is in your area.

Looking forward to the new release.

Man those two new songs completely run rings around the stuff off their already very nice debut. I absolutely love the heavier and more modern sound/style. One of the best blends of "hair metal" and modern metal I've heard. Cannot wait for this album to drop.

Oh, and my my those boys are pretty. On a purely superficial level, nice to see a cool looking band when half the musicians we listen to look like they should be making enquiries into availability at their local retirement village.

Those songs rocked and kicked ass in any era........not sure what crack people are smokin' calling them 'modern'....other than they were produced recently. lol

Those songs rocked and kicked ass in any era........not sure what crack people are smokin' calling them 'modern'....other than they were produced recently. lol

You don't hear that heavy modern edge to the new songs? I feel like it's definitely there.

@ Nightrain, they could have been safe and released another version of their debut, but as good as that was there was something missing there. Nothing stood out and their sound was very good without being amazing. I feel like this much heavier new sound, which seems to have come with a huge anthemic approach too... it all sounds very very nice to me.

I might be thick but what does EPK stand for??

Yep, you're thick... :)

Electronic Press Kit.

From wikipedia:

An electronic press kit (EPK) is a press kit equivalent in electronic form. An EPK usually takes the form of a website or e-mail, though they are also known to exist in CD and DVD form. The first known EPK, as we know it today, premiered live on the web on January 8, 1995 and was invented and given the exact name electronic press kit or EPK by Andre Gray, the inventor of online music sales certifications and winner of The Johannes Gutenberg Inventor Prize. Gray's EPK featured a bio, audio clips, videos, photos, press, set list, basic technical requirements, and a calendar and featured R&B singer and songwriter Aaron Hall as the first artist ever to have an EPK created on their behalf.

You don't hear that heavy modern edge to the new songs? I feel like it's definitely there.

@ Nightrain, they could have been safe and released another version of their debut, but as good as that was there was something missing there. Nothing stood out and their sound was very good without being amazing. I feel like this much heavier new sound, which seems to have come with a huge anthemic approach too... it all sounds very very nice to me.

I think heavy and modern are two different things, the riffs pattern probably defines it, but Santa Cruz' new songs are probably 80% classic and 20% modern, I don't mind them at all, it's just that I'm afraid it's gonna be decent for me as I kinda hate modern metal but no judgement until the full product arrives and at least 3 spins sink in :D

• My Little Pony

I think heavy and modern are two different things, the riffs pattern probably defines it, but Santa Cruz' new songs are probably 80% classic and 20% modern, I don't mind them at all, it's just that I'm afraid it's gonna be decent for me as I kinda hate modern metal but no judgement until the full product arrives and at least 3 spins sink in :D

Hmm. I'm not sure Goeff is suggesting that 'heavy' and 'modern' go hand-in-hand, rather that this falls on the heavier side of the Modern Rock sound.

Hmm. I'm not sure Goeff is suggesting that 'heavy' and 'modern' go hand-in-hand, rather that this falls on the heavier side of the Modern Rock sound.

Yeah, what this guy says. Heavy metal was around well before modern metal arrived. It just has that style - being a huge fan of modern hard rock / metal - that I hear all over my modern collection, and nowhere in my "traditional" hard rock collection. I can't explain it to a T as I'm not a musician, but for me it's very obvious. Let's just say that typically 80's sounding bands like Vega or HEAT do not sound like Santa Cruz at all.

What, like 80s Kiss vs Stanley's solo album Live To Win?

To an extent, but I didn't think 'Live to win' was that "modern" at all. That was like Loverboy's early discography compared to 'Just getting started.' I wouldn't call them overly "modern" discs. They still well and truly, 100% sounded like the artists involved, but they were just "updated," for lack of a better word.

Yeah, what this guy says. Heavy metal was around well before modern metal arrived. It just has that style - being a huge fan of modern hard rock / metal - that I hear all over my modern collection, and nowhere in my "traditional" hard rock collection. I can't explain it to a T as I'm not a musician, but for me it's very obvious. Let's just say that typically 80's sounding bands like Vega or HEAT do not sound like Santa Cruz at all.

HEAT is 80s sounding....but Vega? Wow not even close. They are far more modern sounding than Santa Cruz imo.

Thats what sets them (Vega) apart

Vega, modern? Really? I'd never really even considered that.

I guess maybe. I guess I'm just looking at it from the heavier end of the spectrum with regard to Santa Cruz. That kind of hard hitting wall of metal sound is far more modern to me than the brand of heavy metal you'd hear from an 80's heavy metal band.

I'll put it this way. Santa Cruz sound a lot more like Bullet For My Valentine than Megadeth.

• 3 weeks later...