Grand Slam - Waiting For Tomorrow EP/A New Dawn (debut fullength))

Stefan

I reached out to the band and they are finishing up a single that is quoted as being "a real powerful monster hit", but it will not be released until fall.

The single has been recorded for a Swedish competition known as "Eurovision Song Contest", so best of luck to the band with this competition!

Really enjoying the 3 songs and frankly anticipating more from this band. I like them alot!

• 5 months later...
  • My Little Pony

The single has been recorded for a Swedish competition known as "Eurovision Song Contest"

Just saw this, now.

Heh.

Some little contest known as 'Eurovision.' Whatever that is...

;}

• 3 weeks later...

Real nice. So will there ever be an album?

Not sure of a future full length but the EP is available.

From FB:

We're very proud to announce that we've signed a distribution deal with the German label AOR Heaven for our upcoming full-length album. Release of the album is planned for the fall of 2015, and it will contain nothing but hits!

• 1 month later...

Opening track is fucking gold

• 4 months later...

From FB:

We're now officially done recording our debut album! Sounds awesome even without beeing mixed yet! We wanna say a special thanks to the awesome Erik Wiss at ‪#‎peakroomstudios‬ who produced and recorded all the songs, and also to Magnus and Rickard from Hellmet who helped us track some choirs for one of the songs!

• 3 months later...

Debut album 'A New Dawn' out January 29th (AOR Heaven).

12241451_946833102030400_381499558180637

Grand Slam was founded in 2007 in Malmö, Sweden, by drummer Andy Swaniz (ex-Quadruple), with the aim to appeal to a wide audience with their melodic rock style.

Bassist Henrik Hansson (ex-Hollywood) got on board the same year and songwriter Peter Alpenborg was brought in to get the ball rolling. There have been several lineup changes over the years, as well as a number of musicians hired only for specific recordings or gigs.

Up until spring of 2010, the focus had been exclusively on studio recordings, but now it was time for the band to do a stage debut. The debut was made in "Grand"-style, with an appearance in the TV-show "Talang", Sweden's equivalent of "Britain's Got Talent", with over one million viewers.

Later that year, the band was joined by keyboardist Daniel Grönberg Svensson who also started contributing to the songwriting, and guitarist Thomas Klintberg.

In the summer of 2012, Grand Slam found the perfect lead singer and frontman for the band, Andy Sinner (ex-Trash Queen). With the addition of two female backing singers, Ivana Papak and Lina Vernblom, Grand Slam was now ready to go out and perform for a live audience.

They entered the worldwide contest Emergenza and made it to the regional finals.
The band continued to play live during the summer and autumn of 2013, gathering a strong fan-following.

There was still something missing, and the void was filled by the addition of another guitarist, Andreas Gullstrand. The backup vocalists, Ivana Papak and Lina Vernblom, decided to leave the band that same year.

In 2014, Grand Slam went into the studio to record a three-song EP, "Waiting For Tomorrow", which received considerable attention worldwide. The EP was recorded and produced by Erik Wiss in Peekroom Studios.

Guitarist Thomas Klintberg left the band shortly thereafter, and the remaining band members signed a contract with AOR Heaven to release Grand Slam's debut album, "A New Dawn".
Erik Wiss was once again brought in to record the album, which is best described as a well-balanced mix of the original and new Grand Slam sound.

Soundbytes:

'Face'

'Light Up The Sky'

'One Way To Heaven'

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good. It's getting off to a bad start already with the same release date as Wigelius, but this should still be a pretty solid CD. But I do fear it might get overlooked pretty quick in 2016.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I mentioned it in the best of 2016 (so far) thread. In the early stages, without much competition, it's one of the better releases of the year so far, with a handful of very nice songs. But like I said above, I see it getting lost in the shuffle pretty quick once some stronger releases come out.

Yeah I mentioned it in the best of 2016 (so far) thread. In the early stages, without much competition, it's one of the better releases of the year so far, with a handful of very nice songs. But like I said above, I see it getting lost in the shuffle pretty quick once some stronger releases come out.

Yeh ive been playing this alot less... its very much "division 2" to some of the big guys... but a nice album all the same. Hopefully a big second album comes from it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...