Hinder - When The Smoke Clears

Stefan

hinder-2014-jeremy-charles-billboard-650

I like the new song.

From billboard.com:

Hinder shares the lyric video for the hard rockin' anthem that will appear on its new album.

Hinder is back with a new album for 2015, and Billboard has the first peek at the new music. For its fifth studio album, the hard-rocking Oklahoma band introduces the driving guitar ballad “Hit the Ground,” premiering exclusively here:

“Falling feels like flying till you hit the ground,” sings Nolan Neal in the chorus, as Hinder’s guitar attack turns electric, following a mood-setting acoustic intro. This one falls right in the band’s arena rock wheelhouse, though the band promises a variety of influences on the new album, due via new label The End Records.

“One song might have a country influence, while another might have a pop influence,” drummer Cody Hanson says. “Then, there are some heavy metal moments. We have every element covered on this record. You've got to do what's best for the song."

The so-far untitled album follows 2012’s Welcome to the Freakshow, the band’s last with former singer Austin Winkler. The band hit the scene in 2005 with the album Extreme Behavior, which produced the huge hit, “Lips Of An Angel.” It peaked at No. 1 on Pop Songs and No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

"One thing that I've learned since we started this journey over 10 years ago is that nobody is invincible,” Hanson tells Billboard. “('Hit the Ground') is one of my favorite songs on the album because I know how true and real these lyrics are. We've lived and experienced every single line in this song. We can't even begin to tell you how excited we are to share it with our fans and get this new chapter started.”

hindermusic.com

www.facebook.com/Hinder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTDU214P_VE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hinder-2014-jeremy-charles-billboard-650

I like the new song.

From billboard.com:

Hinder shares the lyric video for the hard rockin' anthem that will appear on its new album.

Hinder is back with a new album for 2015, and Billboard has the first peek at the new music. For its fifth studio album, the hard-rocking Oklahoma band introduces the driving guitar ballad “Hit the Ground,” premiering exclusively here:

“Falling feels like flying till you hit the ground,” sings Nolan Neal in the chorus, as Hinder’s guitar attack turns electric, following a mood-setting acoustic intro. This one falls right in the band’s arena rock wheelhouse, though the band promises a variety of influences on the new album, due via new label The End Records.

“One song might have a country influence, while another might have a pop influence,” drummer Cody Hanson says. “Then, there are some heavy metal moments. We have every element covered on this record. You've got to do what's best for the song."

The so-far untitled album follows 2012’s Welcome to the Freakshow, the band’s last with former singer Austin Winkler. The band hit the scene in 2005 with the album Extreme Behavior, which produced the huge hit, “Lips Of An Angel.” It peaked at No. 1 on Pop Songs and No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

"One thing that I've learned since we started this journey over 10 years ago is that nobody is invincible,” Hanson tells Billboard. “('Hit the Ground') is one of my favorite songs on the album because I know how true and real these lyrics are. We've lived and experienced every single line in this song. We can't even begin to tell you how excited we are to share it with our fans and get this new chapter started.”

hindermusic.com

www.facebook.com/Hinder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTDU214P_VE

Sounds like Hinder.

Yeah, it does still definitely sound like Hinder, which is great news. It's a good tune and I look forward to the new disc.

And what happened to Winkler? How it sounded at the time, I thought he and his new band might have an album out before Hinder. What happened to that??

Yeah its OK. No doubt there will be about 8 ballads on the album ;-)

Right!

Yeah, it does still definitely sound like Hinder, which is great news. It's a good tune and I look forward to the new disc.

And what happened to Winkler? How it sounded at the time, I thought he and his new band might have an album out before Hinder. What happened to that??

Who is Winkler?

Thats a big beard.

I didnt actually hear the last album. Was it any good?

• My Little Pony

Who is Winkler?

Thats a big beard.

What was the last album? American Reject, or whatever?

I don't know...It sounds okay I guess...

I'm not really a fan of the country twang in the singers voice though....and the last album sorta put me to sleep with all the mid tempo and ballads it had and this does little to make me think it'll be different this time around. I thought the last album basically lacked most of the elements that made me like Hinder with their first two albums...Especially Take It to The Limit which I thought was superb.

So I don't know. It does sound okay but it's definitely an album I'll have to hear and like before giving any consideration to buying it.

Who is Winkler?

Thats a big beard.

Yep. maybe. yep

Who is Winkler?

Thats a big beard.

Yep. maybe. yep

Okay gronks...

Aaron Winkler was their original, and up until this date, their only vocalist on all their albums. Including their last album, which was 'Welcome to the freakshow.' It was their weakest album, but still very good imo. Considering I love the other three.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Looks like producer Marshal Dutton has taken over the lead-vocal duties, according to their FB page.

Wonder who'll be singing on the new album, which is due March 3rd.

Oh, dear. Are they turning into one of those bands?

The album is due in just over a month and they're playing around with vocalists? That's not good. In a short space of time I had already accepted that new guy. Annoying news...

it will still be full of ballads...............

Hopefully. They've been their best tracks on the last couple of discs.

Zzzzz. Albums full of ballads bore me to tears.

Dont get me wrong one or 2 excellent ballads (ie NOT cheesey) really lift an album, but ballad heavy (ie 4/5) is just boring imo.

Zzzzz. Albums full of ballads bore me to tears.

Dont get me wrong one or 2 excellent ballads (ie NOT cheesey) really lift an album, but ballad heavy (ie 4/5) is just boring imo.

Haha, don't take my post literally, mate. The ballads were the best of the last disc, but there were only one or two of them. Hinder have never been a "ballad band," though. Sure, many of their best songs are ballads but they have only ever been 2-3 per album. No Hinder album is ballad heavy, nor do I expect this one to be.

Just locked back over my scoring of the disc:

1. Save Me - good, solid but pretty typical modern rocker - 7.25

2. Ladies Come First - another good solid hard rocker - very standard for them - 7.25
3. Shoulda Known Better - killer ballad, killer hook - 9.50
4. Freakshow - another typical, solid hard rocker - 7.25
5. Talk to Me - real nice mid-tempo number with a great chorus - 9.00
6. Get Me Away From You - good solid ballad - not their best ever, but a real nice tune - 8.75
7. Is It Just Me - okay but pretty throw away modern pop rock - 7.00
8. I Don't Wanna Believe - by the numbers ballad… but a nice set of numbers - 8.50
9. See You in Hell - probably the best of the rockers - good one with a great riff - 7.75
10. Anyone But You - real nice ballad - love the chorus hook - 8.50
11. Wanna Be Rich - the actual best of the rockers - very good, catchy chorus - 8.50
TOTAL - 81%
So yeah, 4 ballads and 'Talk to me' is pretty mellow too, but like I said, never at all did I get he sense I was listening to an album with too many ballads. And again, if they're the best tracks on the disc, I'd kind of prefer more. As long as it's a good song, I couldn't care less if it's a ballad or a polar bear.
At the end of the day I'd prefer an album full of great ballads compared to an album with 2 amazing ballads and 8 really average rockers. Which is not to say that's what Hinder is; just sayin' a good song's a good song.

1393630_10153039788790489_48322808812175

From FB:

We are proud to introduce our newest member of Hinder, vocalist - Marshal Dutton. As our loyal and beloved fans know, we have been searching to find the perfect fit for two years now and recently came to realize that it was right under our nose the entire time. Marshal has been a part of the Hinder family since 2009 - when he began co-writing/producing on the All American Nightmare album. He has been a co-producer on every Hinder release since, and truly loves this band as we do. We have been the best of friends for many years and we couldn't be more excited for the future!

- HINDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOAqU8BO8lM

Still sounds like Hinder. I see the first video is no longer available - was hoping to compare the two. Anyway, like I said, still sounds good to me so I hope they just hurry up and get this thing out, and stick with emo face... uh, I mean the new vocalist.