Bad Radiator - Shanghai

Stefan

1412351_595680557170625_260428069_o.jpg

Their second album out now.

I'm suprised that Jez hasn't jumped on this, probably right up his alley.

My first thread for the first release: http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=31712&do=findComment&comment=685188

From http://BANNED WEBSITE.blogspot.com/2014/05/BAD-RADIATOR-Shanghai-2014-Stage-Dolls-Spin-Gallery-Richard-Marx-Mark-Spiro-Rick-Springfield.html

Last year we presented exclusively on the blog the debut album by Swedes BAD RADIATOR, and now the guys are back with another fine slice of melodic tunes with their new CD "Shangai".

If you missed the first album, or never heard about Bad Radiator, these experienced musicians were formerly known as Grace, which rose some popularity with the single 'Ingen Kan Alska Som Vi' (No One Can Love As Do) used in the Swedish movie of the same name from 1988.

"Shangai" follows the effective path of debut; short songs adorned with superb melodies, nice hooks, breezy harmonies and quite catchy moments. Bad Radiator is a mixed bag of styles that ranges from the pop brilliance of Cutting Crew or Rick Springfield to the light AOR of Stage Dolls and Spin Gallery, whilst stopping off at Richard Marx for good measure.

As eclectic as that sounds, the end results are nothing short of superb. Just check the enjoyable melodies on rockers such as "Tell Me What You Want", "My House Is On Fire", and the pumping "Don't Need the Money".
More poppy yet not less catchy we have "What Are We Fighting For", "The World Is Changing", "I've Had Enough", but where Bad Radiator shows it '80s pedigree it's on the AORish cuts: The Stage Dolls-like "Can't Let Go", "Your Love" (akin Street Talk), and great midtempo ballad "Do You Remember".

Bad Radiator's "Shangai" is a mandatory listening for lovers of the lighter side of AOR with a Scandinavian scent. These guys have been around since the late '80s and on the evidence presented here they've used their experience wisely.

Bad Radiator knows how to craft an instant melody, at times light as the thin air, and then balanced by a catchy, pulsating rockin' vibe. Although to my ears production was much better on the first record, this album is a real pleasure from start to finish.

VERY RECOMMENDED.

https://sv-se.facebook.com/BadRadiator

51ju-X90OjL._SL500_AA280_.jpg20140614_b3daaf.jpg

• My Little Pony

The first album was quite forgettable. I only say that, because I've listened to it two or three times, yet I can't seem to remember it at all.

First thread doesn't ring any bells but the band name sure as hell does. I'm sure I've tried and disliked these guys before, but now I'm not sure. Definitely don't like those songs above. I'm sure I've tried these guys before...