Are Time Warp Records releases accepted?

They are just cheap bootlegs/knock offs. I hope this website doesn't add them to the database.

I have some and I wouldn't call them cheap knock offs at all. It is silver pressed, is stamped near the centre and has a barcode. I ask because I have a couple that aren't on the database.

They are just cheap bootlegs/knock offs. I hope this website doesn't add them to the database.

I have some and I wouldn't call them cheap knock offs at all. It is silver pressed, is stamped near the centre and has a barcode. I ask because I have a couple that aren't on the database.

A bootleg is a bootleg, no matter how silver it is.

So what exactly is the difference between a bootleg and a genuine CD apart from the look and quality? I ask because I have a few genuine CDs which are quite bad quality (worse than the few CDRs truth be told).

Saying "a bootleg is a bootleg" doesn't clarify the issue for me. What I'm trying to ask is why can't we consider these "bootlegs" as genuine releases? Furthermore, what's to stop anyone from "creating" their own "record labels", releasing CDs and their being considered official? There are many CDs that the bands did not endorse yet the record label released them anyway and they're considered legitimate. So what's the difference between a record company releasing a compilation CD that the band asks everyone not to buy and a CDR release of a largely unknown and defunct band about whom no one cares anymore - not even the band itself especially a CDR which is created by an entity that calls itself Time Warp Records which sounds like a legitimate record label?! Phew!

Sorry to drag on but I'm really confused about all of this. My question in a nutshell is therefore what makes "bootleg" CDRs released by "record labels" such as Time Warp Records illegitimate and releases by small record labels like Retrospect legitimate?

Sorry about the long windedness of this.

So what exactly is the difference between a bootleg and a genuine CD apart from the look and quality? I ask because I have a few genuine CDs which are quite bad quality (worse than the few CDRs truth be told).

1.) The band 'should have' received royalties on the real cd, the artist gets nothing on the bootlegs.

2.) Rare cd's lose their value with these cheap reproductions. A real diamond is worth money and a cubic zirconia is not.

3.) Sellers rarely tell the truth about selling bootlegs since it is illegal to do so, therefore many buyers get taken for a ride and pay a premium for a fake.

4.) Quality and look is reason enough to want the original and not the bootleg version.

Time Warp Records is not a real label, no band gets any royalties, unlike Retrospect where the musicians get a cut for their music, because Sam asked them permission to release their stuff. Wether it's silver pressed or a CDR, Retrospect gets the musicians approval before releasing...well I hope they do.

Ever look for Time Warp Records online and try buying directly from them...Try and Google Time Warp Records, you won't find much I promise.

1.) The band 'should have' received royalties on the real cd, none are on the bootlegs.

2.) Rare cd's lose their value with these cheap reproductions. A real diamond is worth money and a cubic zirconia is not.

3.) Sellers rarely tell the truth about selling bootlegs since it is illegal to do so, therefore many buyers get taken for ride and pay a premium for a fake.

4.) Quality and look is reason enough to want the original and not the bootleg version.

I understand about the rare CDs losing their value but many rare CDs have lost a bit of value because of genuine rereleases like the Saraya self-titled, Autograph - That's the Stuff releases.

What about releases by Time Warp Records and the like that have never been released before such as live albums? Would they still be considered illegitimate since they have no "original" version?

Thanks for responding by the way.

Would it be a good idea to have a 'bootleg' section on the main site?

I reckon it would.... people could comment on the sound quality, the packaging, and people would know what stuff out there has been booted.

Wouldn't that kind of be like endorsing bootlegs then?

Sorry to drag on but I'm really confused about all of this. My question in a nutshell is therefore what makes "bootleg" CDRs released by "record labels" such as Time Warp Records illegitimate and releases by small record labels like Retrospect legitimate?

Hahaha! Oh man, I couldn't hold it in. Retrospect a legitimate label, that's a good one...

I don't care how large or small the record label is, if the people who own the rights to the music are not getting paid, it's a bootleg. That's about as clear as I can put it. Of course, this is my stance on the issue, and while I believe that some will disagree, I'm sure there are many who would side with me on this one.

I reckon it would.... people could comment on the sound quality, the packaging, and people would know what stuff out there has been booted.

WOuldnt 99% of all the releases on the site have been booted at some point somewhere?

no, not at all.

we have a bootlegs thread on here, and does that endorse bootlegs? definitely not.

i think it does almost the opposite,... it makes people aware of what has been bootlegged so they are informed on what they are buying.

people who buy bootlegs are gonna by them anyway. It's the unaware that would benefit.

the listing could even point out how to spot the bootleg compared to an original.

no, not at all.

we have a bootlegs thread on here, and does that endorse bootlegs? definitely not.

i think it does almost the opposite,... it makes people aware of what has been bootlegged so they are informed on what they are buying.

people who buy bootlegs are gonna by them anyway. It's the unaware that would benefit.

the listing could even point out how to spot the bootleg compared to an original.

Good idea, I like it!

... is stamped near the centre and has a barcode. I ask because I have a couple that aren't on the database.

So you never realised your Time Warp Records CDs have the same '7035538884726' UPC code on the tray? :blink:

That UPC actually belongs to the band Carnivora's 'Judas' album... :rofl2:

• Like 1

Hahaha! Oh man, I couldn't hold it in. Retrospect a legitimate label, that's a good one...

I don't care how large or small the record label is, if the people who own the rights to the music are not getting paid, it's a bootleg. That's about as clear as I can put it. Of course, this is my stance on the issue, and while I believe that some will disagree, I'm sure there are many who would side with me on this one.

Metal4Ever - you are questioning my company's legitimacy? Oh man - after 7 fucking years and 500 releases you are going to question whether I release boots? FUCK YOU dude. After 5 years at Rocklahoma , M3 , Rock Jam and Rock n America ...not to mention the upcoming Liberty Fest in Tampa where I have booked 100+ RETROSPECT bands , you are going to question MY legitimacy? Yeh all those bands are gonna come play these festivals after I booted their cd's...DUMBASS!!

Dude , you opened a can of worms that you can't back up so why don't you take a flying leap you jealous hack. I have PROVED my worth in this business and I'll be damned if I will put up with some envious shit-for-brains questioning what my company has done as "legitimate".

FUCK YOU AND THE WHORE YOU RODE IN ON. :hammer:

There are a lot more bootlegs going around than people think. I exposed the bootlegging ring of a number of people FROM THIS FORUM for their pathetic role in the LORRAINE "Boys Nite Out" debacle. Mr Ryan Northrup (Metal Mayhem) was a massive instigator of a number of high-priced boots surfacing in the early 2000's and we all know who was in that "bootlegging ring" don't we? Michael Eden was in cahoots with Ryan when it all started and people like Burt Surf (among quite a few others HERE) were all too happy to flog these boots for a whopping $600+ while slowly leaking them out to the zealous eBay crowd.

Have I sold some too? YEP. But quite a while after I exposed that pirate community.

So let's be clear: some of those who fling the bullshit are the ones standing waist-high IN it...

Do I really have to name names?

• My Little Pony

We're not actually going to start this shit up again, are we?

Then again, things have been a tad boring around here lately. :bananamac:

Heh, I know, right? Although, I can understand Sam's frustration.

There are a lot more bootlegs going around than people think. I exposed the bootlegging ring of a number of people FROM THIS FORUM for their pathetic role in the LORRAINE "Boys Nite Out" debacle. Mr Ryan Northrup (Metal Mayhem) was a massive instigator of a number of high-priced boots surfacing in the early 2000's and we all know who was in that "bootlegging ring" don't we? Michael Eden was in cahoots with Ryan when it all started and people like Burt Surf (among quite a few others HERE) were all too happy to flog these boots for a whopping $600+ while slowly leaking them out to the zealous eBay crowd.

Have I sold some too? YEP. But quite a while after I exposed that pirate community.

So let's be clear: some of those who fling the bullshit are the ones standing waist-high IN it...

Do I really have to name names?

You should, name name's that is. The gang here is only as useful as the information we get.

Just saying.

Besides, been to long in between shit storms...