D Generation

AlphaMale

I barely ever hear anything about this great band. If you like you music sleazy mixed with some punk attitude, than this is the band for you!

The band has reunited and are preparing a brand new single release on 4/28/15 called "Queens Of A (RSD)".

In honor of their great debut, here are a few killer kuts:

Cool that they're back together. I have their first album (self titled), never got round to checking out anything else by them, tho.

I remember "No Lunch," dont think I ever knew about the 3rd one...

Back in 96 they were one of the four opening acts for KISS' four night reunion tour stand @ Madison Square Garden ... they had a different opener each night. I was kinda hoping we'd get D-Gen on the night I went, but no such luck... we got 311 (ugh) instead. :puke:

I remember "No Lunch," dont think I ever knew about the 3rd one...

Back in 96 they were one of the four opening acts for KISS' four night reunion tour stand @ Madison Square Garden ... they had a different opener each night. I was kinda hoping we'd get D-Gen on the night I went, but no such luck... we got 311 (ugh) instead. :puke:

311??

Ugh. :puke:

I have the debut (because I can't sell it anymore) and rated it 53%. Obviously, I did not dream of checking out their other work. Not for me...

I have the debut (because I can't sell it anymore) and rated it 53%. Obviously, I did not dream of checking out their other work. Not for me...

I'll trade you Ted Poley's Greatest Hits Vol. 2 for the D Generation. :D

For Keith:

from "No Lunch":

"She Stands There"

"Capital Offender"

"Frankie"

from "Through The Darkness"

"Helpless"

"Rise And Fall"

"Good Ship Down"

Haha, if postage wasn't a rapist I'd probably do it. I assume I have all the Poley songs, but I'd much rather have that than the D Generation disc.

Haha, if postage wasn't a rapist I'd probably do it. I assume I have all the Poley songs, but I'd much rather have that than the D Generation disc.

And the Ted Poley is brand new/sealed.

It's tempting, but don't you get raped on postage costs too? I have to factor in the fact that it'll cost I think it's about $8 for postage these days, which sadly, just isn't worth a single CD trade. :( If I was organised we could try to make a bigger trade out of it perhaps? Something more worthwhile?

It's tempting, but don't you get raped on postage costs too? I have to factor in the fact that it'll cost I think it's about $8 for postage these days, which sadly, just isn't worth a single CD trade. :( If I was organised we could try to make a bigger trade out of it perhaps? Something more worthwhile?

I have no idea what shipping would be. I get what your saying though! I was saying it in jest anyway!

• 7 months later...

Update:

from fb:

Jeff Rougvie

September 12 at 7:53pm

Where's the album? Also, tracks from the 10" aren't available digitally yet and it's been nearly five months since RSD! What are you waiting for on that front? Want to give you money & you won't let me.

D Generation

Hi Jeff, we are working on it as this is written! Sorry for the wait, it sucks for us, too! But it is all happening... Album is "in the can", as they say... Thanks for sweating it out with us.

Like · Reply · October 2 at 9:19am

• 1 month later...
Guest rocken91

I love D Generation! I have two cd's: D Generation and No Lunch. Great band and great songs. Unfortunately they were not near and big as they should have been. Another great CD from a band in the same vain is Star Star

The Love Drag Years! Great songs! I mean image and attitude are great but the songs are what lasts and these bands had both.

• 3 months later...

D Generation
1 hr ·

D Generation Confirms New Album This Summer

20th Anniversary Performance of No Lunch May 6 @ The Studio at Webster Hall

NYC Album Release Show July 30 @ Irving Plaza

D Generation needs no introduction. Often credited for keeping NYC punk rock alive in the '90s, these five friends with unmistakable chemistry are widely regarded as one of the most important and unsung rock 'n' roll bands of the past twenty-five years.

Before they’d ever been signed, D Gen played sell-out concerts at such seminal New York City venues as CBGB, the Continental and Irving Plaza. Gear was trashed, bottles broken, authorities called, venues shut down, record execs turned away... but the lucky few hundred who were at these gigs were instant converts. A "scene" was born.

Now the classic D Gen lineup - Jesse Malin, Danny Sage, Howie Pyro, Michael Wildwood and Richard Bacchus - is putting the finishing touches on a brand new album. Recorded under Avenue A and on Rivington Street, D Generation remains connected to their NYC home and wouldn't want it any other way. Produced by Danny Sage, the record will be out this summer on the band's own Bastard Basement Records via distribution from MRI / RED, with a hometown record release show confirmed for July 30 at Irving Plaza in NYC. Tickets will go on sale this Friday March 4 at 10am EST.

Diehards who want to see the band sooner can check out their performance on May 6 at the Studio at Webster Hall in NYC (as part of The Grid festival), where D Generation will give a rare performance of No Lunch in it's entirety to honor the seminal album's 20th anniversary. It's a tribute to the anthems that first put D Gen on the international map. “There is no better sales pitch for the snot-rock classicism and teenage-warfare spirit of D Generation than [the song] ‘No Way Out,’” writes David Fricke for Rolling Stone, who hails the song a “stone classic.”

“New York punk that takes the best of the ’70s Street-rat sneers, tight black pants and artfully messed-up hairdos: D Generation are the stuff that popped-up 70s punk was made of…. tailor-made for grimy pinball arcades and Brand X beer-drinking binges.” –

Rolling Stone

More on the new album soon!

www.dgeneration.us
www.facebook.com/dgenerationnation
www.twitter.com/dgenerationrock
Instagram: @officialdgen

20288_976854789051549_176957740915623088

D Gen played sell-out concerts at such seminal New York City venues as CBGB

...which was not exactly hard to do because the place only held about 200 people. Haha..

But seriously... cool news, I just couldn't resist calling bullsh*t on that particular bit of press-release hype. :D

Might try and get up to New York for one of the two shows. Loved seeing these guys live... 100% energy and attitude.