Tangier

which album is better  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four Winds for me was sooo boring. Stranded had more energy and a better (I thought) lead singer. Even though it had the standard early 90's sound I still enjoy it far more than the debut.

IMO:

'Stranded' is a great album, 'Four winds' is a boring peice of shit. Didn't even think for a millisecond about this vote.

Personally I'd go with their third release "Dirty Lies". Meniketti shreds on that one. :banger:

Actually bud, it's their 4th release....sort of.

Their first album was a S/T indie release. Has the same band lineup as 'Four Winds'.

Track List:

1. Paradise

2. Get Away

3. Look What You've Done

4. Call Me Up

5. In City

6. Bijou Starlite

7. One More Time

8. Tangier

9. Lately I Don't Know

Don't go overboard looking for it if you don't have it. It's really not that good.

Their first album was a S/T indie release. Has the same band lineup as 'Four Winds'.

Only Mattson and Gordon were on the self titled, the band was revamped for Four Winds.

Ah....thanks for the info bro. I'd always thought it was the same lineup. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Personally I'd go with their third release "Dirty Lies". Meniketti shreds on that one. :banger:

I saw this one on EBAY awhile back. I passed up on it as I heard it was a sorta cookie cutter sound. With the reviews I saw of it, I would not be surprised if they never sold a single copy.

Wow, this really surprises me. I can't really call myself a big fan of the band but I like to think I keep up with the news on melodic rock... I never knew they had another album (I'd heard rumours about the first one, but not any after 'Stranded'). I'm sort of intrigued.

the indie self titled was recorded at Wold Records which is The Galaxy club in NJ, the first lineup included Rocky and Mike who then next recorded with Surrender Dorothy.That indie release was only on vinyl, never on cd unless a boot!!!!

I disagree with Stranded being better, Bill is one of the greatest singers ever, just listen to the vocals on 4 winds, u had to see him live, and he was in a few bands over the years, a natural, too bad he did not make it huge!!!!!!!!

Bill was also the best and original singer for the SJ groundbreaking band The Dead end kids!!!!

"Stranded" for me... I saw these guys open for Extreme in the early '90s at L'amour in Brooklyn, NYC, went out and bought the cassette (remember those?) the next day... good stuff, haven't heard it in years though. The tape is long lost and I never did get around to finding it on CD

• 2023 Gold Donors

Actually bud, it's their 4th release....sort of.

Don't go overboard looking for it if you don't have it. It's really not that good.

Wow, I never knew they had the S/T and Dirty Lies releases. Anyone know where I can find these at. I love Tangier and would love to get a hold of both of these.

As far as the vote. I went with Four Winds. I really got into this one. It was one of the early discs that I picked up when I transitioned from cassettes to cds.

hmmm, I am not really sure Dirty Lies was a release, was frinds with a few guys in the band and never really heard of it??? any links???

also, the debut was never on cd ever, so if u find it, it is a boot as only maybe 1000 were done, not really comparable to Four Winds, more of an aor release, good one though, I have two of the albums somewhere!!!!!!! hahaha

hmmm, I am not really sure Dirty Lies was a release, was frinds with a few guys in the band and never really heard of it???  any links???

also, the debut was never on cd ever, so if u find it, it is a boot as only maybe 1000 were done, not really comparable to Four Winds, more of an aor release, good one though, I have two of the albums somewhere!!!!!!!  hahaha

Oh fine Paul, go ahead and inject reality into the thread... <_<

I made it up... For some reason I was just feeling :poke: that morning. I hope I didn't offend anyone, seemed funny at the time. :) Don't be a hater... :banana:

Feel free to commence yelling at me. :anon:

Thanks to Metal Jay for backing up my story with his post. :drink: You're the man dawg. :tumbsup:

hmmm, I am not really sure Dirty Lies was a release, was frinds with a few guys in the band and never really heard of it???  any links???

also, the debut was never on cd ever, so if u find it, it is a boot as only maybe 1000 were done, not really comparable to Four Winds, more of an aor release, good one though, I have two of the albums somewhere!!!!!!!   hahaha

Oh fine Paul, go ahead and inject reality into the thread... <_<

I made it up... For some reason I was just feeling :poke: that morning. I hope I didn't offend anyone, seemed funny at the time. :) Don't be a hater... :banana:

Feel free to commence yelling at me. :anon:

Thanks to Metal Jay for backing up my story with his post. :drink: You're the man dawg. :tumbsup:

My pleasure. It was funny at the time. In fact, it's funny now.

hahaha, ok, I feel stoopid, what did I miss???? HAHAHAHAHAHA