2000- Best Albums

My list for this year is incomplete in its MM/AOR section, judging by the releases in HH database, except some albums I have and still enjoy like Kharma, Danger Danger,Frontline, Fair Warning, Dare, Kharma, Millenium,PC 69, Praying Mantis many of which I'll include there. Heeeeelp!

at a glance, albums what I think will be great, or at least good are :

ADRIANGALE Feel The Fire
AXEL RUDI PELL The Masquerade Ball
BURNING RAIN s/t
CHANGE OF HEART Continuum
DANGER DANGER The Return of The Great Gildersleeves
DREAMHUNTER Kingdom Come
FAIR WARNING Four
HALFORD Resurrection
HELLOWEEN The Dark Ride
IRON MAIDEN Brave New World
JOURNEY Arrival
PORCUPINE TREE Lightbulb Sun
PRETTY MAIDS Carpe Diem
STRATOVARIUS Infinite
STREET TALK Transition
T'BELL Replay
TWO FIRES s/t
VU, THE Phoenix Rising

there are more of course but that's what spring in my mind

at a glance, albums what I think will be great, or at least good are :

ADRIANGALE Feel The Fire

AXEL RUDI PELL The Masquerade Ball

BURNING RAIN s/t

CHANGE OF HEART Continuum

DANGER DANGER The Return of The Great Gildersleeves

DREAMHUNTER Kingdom Come

FAIR WARNING Four

HALFORD Resurrection

HELLOWEEN The Dark Ride

IRON MAIDEN Brave New World

JOURNEY Arrival

PORCUPINE TREE Lightbulb Sun

PRETTY MAIDS Carpe Diem

STRATOVARIUS Infinite

STREET TALK Transition

T'BELL Replay

TWO FIRES s/t

VU, THE Phoenix Rising

there are more of course but that's what spring in my mind

Already in! :tumbsup: Undecided on P.Maids + S.Talk.

BURNING RAIN s/t

I included this in my 1999 list.

After a quick check (Wikipedia, Discogs, official band site), it looks like the first two Burning Rain albums came out in 1999 and 2000 in Japan, but 2000 and 2001 in Europe.

So I'm going to include their second album in my 2000 list (see below).

My Top 20 best of 2000 (in alphabetical order)

AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip
American Pearl - American Pearl
Angel Dust - Enlighten The Darkness
Arena - Immortal

Joe Bonamassa - A New Day Yesterday
Burning Rain - Pleasure To Burn
Fair Warning - 4
Fates Warning - Disconnected
The Flower Kings - Space Revolver
Hardcore Superstar - Bad Sneakers And Pina Colada
Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Monster Magnet - God Says No
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element
Axel Rudi Pell - The Masquerade Ball
Spock's Beard - V
Storyteller - Corridor Of Windows
Symphony X - V: New Mythology Suite
Tad Morose - Undead
Transatlantic - SMPTe
Voodoo Hill - Voodoo Hill

2000 was a great year for my musical tastes. The Symphony X and Angel Dust releases were (for me) the second in a consecutive pairing of album high-points of their careers, and adding to the power metal glory this year was Tad Morose with their heaviest and best album. Bruce Dickinson had also returned to Iron Maiden and produced the best album I'd heard from them since 1988's "Seventh Son..." album, whilst the ever-dependable Axel Rudi Pell put out another solid release.

Hard rock releases included a wonderful debut album from American Pearl, whilst this year's Hardcore Superstar is the only album of theirs that I really like due to its raw energy (a factor that I found lacking on the next couple of albums of theirs that I heard). On the melodic rock side of things, the second Burning Rain album was another quality release, in addition to Fair Warning and Storyteller. And blues rock saw the great debut release from newcomer Joe Bonamassa. But maybe the unexpected highlight for me was Voodoo Hill, a surprisingly heavy rock album fronted by Glenn Hughes who certainly gives it his all (and a singer who had passed me by up until now).

The prog rock genre included more treats from Spock's Beard, Arena and The Flower Kings, as well as the fantastic debut album from "supergroup" Transatlantic. Prog metal, meanwhile, served up my favourite albums from both Pain Of Salvation and Fates Warning.

Rather than post my full incomplete lists, here are the top 12 I've rated so far:

1. Frontline - Right Attitude
2. Demon Drive - Heroes
3. Danger Danger - The Return Of The Great Gildersleeves
4. SR-71 - Now You See Inside
5. Anatomic - In For The Thrill
6. Alyson Avenue - Presence Of Mind
7. Bai Bang - Attitude
8. Damned Nation - Grand Design
9. Adriangale - Feel The Fire
10. Change Of Heart - Continuum
11. Dreamhunter - Kingdom Come
12. Crystal Ball - Hard Impact
13. Alfonzetti - Ready

Rather than post my full incomplete lists, here are the top 12 I've rated so far:

2. Demon Drive - Heroes
7. Bai Bang - Attitude
13. Alfonzetti - Ready

Already included. From the others I have A.Avenue (boring to these ears, too lite, although nice guitar sound,) and Demon Drive (probably I will list it, since Casanova's Heroes is the reason I have 2 hearts). I am also aware of Damned Nation, have some of their earlier stuff, which probably I don't like because I don't remember it! I had to check my collection in excel form to verify it). Will try to listen to some of the others! Τοο much stuff!

Recently rated DAVID COVERDALE - Into The Light and I think it's quite a little gem for some, for me it's a solid 81.7%, mostly laid back but Coverdale's vocal somehow fits very nice, love it :)

Recently rated DAVID COVERDALE - Into The Light and I think it's quite a little gem for some, for me it's a solid 81.7%, mostly laid back but Coverdale's vocal somehow fits very nice, love it :)

Agreed, I didn't think much of it when it was released but have listened to it a bit over the last year and its really grown. It's like the opposite of Coverdale/Page which I tried so hard that I actually got to like 2/3 of the cd. Now I really struggle with it and really don't care for Coverdale's vocals on it!

• My Little Pony

2. Demon Drive - Heroes

7. Bai Bang - Attitude

13. Alfonzetti - Ready

Clearly I can't do maths, because I counted 13, but Geoffrey said there were 12.

ah i know, just drop SR-71 from the equation and you get the correct list :D

SR-71 > most bands.

As for that Coverdale album, wow, haven't thought about that one in an age. I owned it for a long time and for some reason held off on selling it. But I did eventually, and never missed it a second. Wasn't into it at all.

Robby Valentine - Believing Is Seeing

Arena - Immortal

Prisoner - Blind

IQ - The Seventh House

Kharma - Wonderland

Storyteller - Corridor Of Windows

Valensia - Gaia 2

David Coverdale - Into The Light

Axe - The Crown

Kansas -Somewhere To Elsewhere

HIM - Razorblade Romance

Brian McDonald - Wind It Up

Trust - Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Street Talk - Transition

T Bell - Replay

Elyte - Unno

Jadis - Understand

Jump - Matthew

The Sign - Signs Of Life

Richard Marx - Days In Avalon

Geddy Lee - My Favourite Headache

Moxy - V

Ten - Babylon

Enchant - Juggling 9 Dropping 10

Adam Bomb - Get Animal 2

The best would be Push, Damned Nation, Demon Drive, Hammerfall and PC69...

101 South - S/T

Crystal Ball - Hard Impact

D.A.D - Everything Glows

Damned Nation - Grand Design

Demon Drive - Heroes

Dogface - Unleashed

Dreamhunter - Kingdom Come

Firefly - After The fire

Frontline - Right Attitude

Hammerfall - Renegade

Helloween - The Dark Ride

Hugo - Time On Earth