Still listen to it after all these years.

After many years or even weeks in some cases many releases just don't interest me anymore.

For only a handful of cd's in my collection can I say that I spin regularly and can listen from the first track to the end without skipping or changing the disc

My pick for the moment is LOVERBOY's 'Just Getting Started'. I still spin it every couple of months and it still sounds awesome and I love it just as much as I did 8 years ago when it first came out. I can honestly say that every tune on this one is fantastic.

Do you have a release or a few releases that you still spin often and seem never to grow tired of?

• My Little Pony

Avantasia - Metal Opera

Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura

Wall of Silence - Shock to the System

There are others, but those are the first that came to mind.

Warrior Soul's "Salutations From the Ghetto Nation" never gets old. I want that CD buried with me when I die.

'Operation: Mindcrime' springs immediately to mind ... Warrior Soul's debut ... Van Halen's 'Fair Warning' ...

• My Little Pony

'Operation: Mindcrime' springs immediately to mind

Right. I'm surprised I didn't initially think of that one. I'm getting old.

Def Leppard-Hysteria

Hell, yeah! Fantastic album!

I still listen to Status Quo's 'Just Supposin'' (the first album I ever bought on vinyl ... many, many, MANY years ago.)

When I was much, much younger I owned a fair number of cassettes, and a couple of albums from back then have made the jump into the digital age - Toyah's 'The Changeling' and the Boomtown Rats' 'A Tonic For The Troops'. Neither are really HH fare, but I still love them both!

After many years or even weeks in some cases many releases just don't interest me anymore.

For only a handful of cd's in my collection can I say that I spin regularly and can listen from the first track to the end without skipping or changing the disc

My pick for the moment is LOVERBOY's 'Just Getting Started'. I still spin it every couple of months and it still sounds awesome and I love it just as much as I did 8 years ago when it first came out. I can honestly say that every tune on this one is fantastic.

Do you have a release or a few releases that you still spin often and seem never to grow tired of?

Have to agree with you on 'Just Getting Started', what a killer album that was and yeah I still play that one a lot. Can't believe it was eight years ago!

Its interesting actually, that every year I do a best of list, which usually includes a bunch of what I call 'immediate' albums which have a massive early impact, but rarely do these albums have much staying power. When I go back to re-visit the last 10-15 years I know that my ratings / top 10s will be wildly different.

I just sat down and thought since 2000 what 20 albums have I pulled out the most to listen to and the list would go something like this - in no order......(well, more year by year than anything else)........

Harem Scarem - Higher

Threshold - Subsurface

Pretty Maids - Pandemonium

Ted Poley - Collateral Damage

Loverboy - Just Getting Started

Marcello Vestry - s/t

Eclipse - Ready to Rock [much more so than the other 2]

Hinder - Take it to the Limit

Mastadon - 3

Steel Panther - Balls Out [much more so than the debut]

Hardcore Superstar - Dreamin in a Casket

Beggars & Thieves - We Are The Broken Hearted

HEAT - Address the Nation

Crazy Lixx - Riot Avenue [their best album imo]

Winery Dogs - s/t

Night Flight Orchestra - Internal Affairs

Degreed - We Dont Belong

Destine - Illuminate

Heavens Basement - Filthy Empire

Seven - 7

And if I was to pick 10 albums from yester year which I never tire of playing (just one per band) - just off the top of my head and again in no order -

Toto - IV

Boulevard - Into The Street

Journey - Escape

Unruly Child - s/t

Marillion - Script

Iron Maiden - NOTB

Crown of Thorns - s/t

Bon Jovi - s/t

Steve Perry - Street Talk

Harem Scarem - s/t

Perhaps these are my fav 10 albums, as they came to mind first..................

Cheers

Warrior Soul's "Salutations From the Ghetto Nation" never gets old. I want that CD buried with me when I die.

I've seen you praising this album a few times over the years, to be honest I don't even know if I've heard it. Have to give it a try.

Have to agree with you on 'Just Getting Started', what a killer album that was and yeah I still play that one a lot. Can't believe it was eight years ago!

I can't believe it's 8 years since that came out either. And yeah, great disc.

With that perspective, Cauterize's debut and 'Paper Wings' (and then 'Disguises' from 2007, with 4 new songs) are now 11 and 9 years old respectively, and I still listen to them at least every couple of months, so yeah, I guess I can mention them. Still quite easily my two favourite albums of all time, I can say with complete confidence.

Three more more recent discs I put in the player very frequently:

Silly Fools - 'The One' (2008)

Boys Like Girls - 'Love Drunk' (2009)

Change Of Pace - 'Prepare the Masses' (2006)

Most frequently spun albums from yesteryear is a hard one, but I'd say the ones I reach for most often would be:

Warrant - 'Dog eat dog'

Vain - 'No Respect' (and 'Move on it' not far behind)

Treat - 'Organised Crime'

Danger Danger - 'Screw It' (with 'Cockroach' and s/t not far back either)

Blue Tears - s/t

95% of what I grew up with

Have to agree with The Rocker on this one,i still listen to at least 95% of what I grew up on from the early 80's to the early 90's ,a lot of which have been mentioned already :)

There are a lot of releases that I still listen to.....but Hardline "Double Eclipse" is an album that I keep coming back to and can listen to many of the tracks, if not the whole thing. But there are a lot for me.....

Of the recent releases....I really have to agree with Loverboy's "Just Getting Started"....that album is just one of the best modern releases from one of 'our' bands from back in the day.

i am not generally a big fan of 'best-of' albums, but Black 'n Blue Ultimate Collection spends a ton of time in my car's cd player.

maybe because i didnt even know about them until i got the UC cd,, so none of the songs had been already beaten to death from my childhood