Does anyone still have a magazine subscription these days?

Dark

My missus bought me a subscription to Classic Rock a few years ago and has paid for it ever since and i look forward to it coming. It's nice to not be reading from a screen of some sort for a change and they used to have the odd track on the free CD i'd really like but sadly recently it's been full of drivel.

I never had a subscription but was buying Metal Edge semi-regularly about 10-15 years ago. Not even sure if it exists anymore. Do newsagents even still exist? :lol:

I never had a subscription but was buying Metal Edge semi-regularly about 10-15 years ago. Not even sure if it exists anymore. Do newsagents even still exist? :lol:

No idea, my magazine gets put through the letter box every month :)

Never heard of Metal Edge so not sure if it still exists. I used to get Kerrang in my teens. Still got them somewhere i think, i must dig them out for a giggle. I've bought Metal Hammer in the past but the articles just weren't as interesting as Classic Rock and no where near as well written.

Looks like it's a no then. Magazine subscriptions are dead.

Team Rock are really pushing for people to subscribe to their electronic service that can be read on a PC/Laptop through their site or through an Android/iOS app but i'm just not interested. I'd rather browse a couple of news sites and be active member of a forum

I used to get Kerrang from the very first edition up until it got really crap in the early 90's ( I really wish I had kept those early editions as it was a great mag). I cancelled my Classic Rock subscription a few years back. I still get Classic Rock AOR when it is released sporadically, as they are usually a really good read, but apart from, that diddly squat

I have subscriptions to Classic Pop, Classic Rock and I buy the Classic Rock AORs when they come out. My wife has many subscriptions...People, Entertainment Weekly, Health and a few more.

I think magazine subscriptions were down a lot in the last 5 years, probably since iPad was introduced because it's easier to download PDF and carry em everywhere and also saves a lot of space in the house, but I think the electronic subscription might be up a lot.

I used to buy Classic Rock but then it became very boring and they keep discussing the same band and also over-hyping a lot of mediocre bands :(

I agree Classic Rock AOR is quite good but then it became quickly outdated because the news there were discussed and seen on the internet :D

Metal Edge and its sister mag Metal Maniacs closed up shop back around 2009 or '10.

I used to buy Classic Rock regularly (until, as others have pointed out, it went downhill) ... now I pick up back issues from a local market every now and then for a fraction of the cover price (and all with their cover CDs, etc.) :)

I read Kerrang! religiously when I was in my teens (who remembers the 'controversial' Prince cover?) It's been shite for years now ...

I subscribe to 'Zero Tolerance', which is aimed at the more extreme end of the musical spectrum.

Metal Edge and its sister mag Metal Maniacs closed up shop back around 2009 or '10.

Holy shit!! That long? Wow, I could have sworn I'd seen it on the shelves sometime in the last 5 years, but I guess not.

Used to buy Kerrang! every week(or as it was to begin with fortnightly) until it turned to shit in the early 90's and stopped covering the music that I like.

Bought Powerplay for a few years but my local newagent stopped stocking the one issue that he got every month :(

I never had subscriptions to any music mags. My sister had a subscription to Rolling Stone for a while. I read it, but it usually left me rather disgusted. Garbage magazine if I've ever seen one. The last time I had a subscription of any type was the early 2000's. When NextGen and the Official Dreamcast magazine went under they bumped me to GamePro and some Playstation mag. After those ran out I haven't purposefully signed up for anything else.

I had a subscription to classic rock magazine for years. It was and still is a great magazine IMO, even though they do overhype certain bands quite a bit. I stopped getting it because I can't afford it anymore.

Anyone who likes Kerrang, it is pretty easy to find the first 50 editions in pdf format if you search online. I'm still collecting the old Boulevard AOR magazines and a few similar melodic rock zines from the late 80s and early 90s....some of them are pretty hard to track down though.

I had a subscription to classic rock magazine for years. It was and still is a great magazine IMO, even though they do overhype certain bands quite a bit. I stopped getting it because I can't afford it anymore.

Anyone who likes Kerrang, it is pretty easy to find the first 50 editions in pdf format if you search online. I'm still collecting the old Boulevard AOR magazines and a few similar melodic rock zines from the late 80s and early 90s....some of them are pretty hard to track down though.

I do like Classic Rock magazine and will carry on getting it until it gets replaced by an app but i have to agree they over hype a lot of crap and the reviews are mostly way off. I get it for the articles.

They still make mags?

I am going to start scanning all my Metal Edges from back in the day to make digital copies .

Are you serious? If so, see you in 35 years from now. ;)