Is it really worth?

Dark

I was just looking for a jpeg of Sinful Kixx - All Sinners Ain't Bad without much success when i noticed that there was an auction on ebay for a copy with a price tag of $899. Wowser is it really worth that much? because i think i have a copy i bought at a gig in 1992!

Pffft. No CD is worth that much. I don't give a shit if it gives you a hummer and turns into a pizza and a six pack after you play it!!

Hey mate, don't give up that easy. Of course it's not worth that much. I'd better Justin's post and say no CD is worth more than 1/30th of that price.

BUT! That doesn't mean that there aren't freaks out there with stupid amounts of money that will actually pay that price. So give it a go, if nothing else.

• 8 months later...
Guest Kill-It

Hello, Apologies for reopening an old thread. Yes this is way too much money for this - i was also looking for this CD last year, having lost the two copies i had, which i bought back in 1992. I tried to haggle with the seller but he was adamant the CD was worth this money, we was not close in my offer and what he wanted, claiming one had sold for $600 the week before.

I bought a copy around from a seller in the US for £110 (plus shipping), yes a lot more than the £10 i paid in 1992!

The following month one appeared in mint, still in the wrapper with letter from the band manager to a promotional company in Wales, that was sold within a few hours on going on evilbay for around £120. There is two covers from this CD - one inside left shows five members which was the first pressing and original line up, the second and the more rare shows only four members.

I have scans of the one i bought which are good res, the inlay is VG+. Happy to share if you like.

Later.

Well i've found the case but i've no idea why there isn't a CD in it :( I'm sure it would turn up if i looked through all of the dozens of boxes in the attic which at the moment i don't want to do after spending an hour finding just the case!!

The picture on the inside of mine has five members in it.

Never heard of Sinful Kixx...

They are a previous band of Dean Fox from Knock Out Kaine

I've never heard of Sinful Kixx, Dean Fox, or Knock Out Kaine.

(Yay me! I score the Hat Trick of total ignorance!)

...so why is this CD selling for $900 exactly? :rofl2:

Never heard of Sinful Kixx...

They are a previous band of Dean Fox from Knock Out Kaine

I've never heard of Sinful Kixx, Dean Fox, or Knock Out Kaine.

(Yay me! I score the Hat Trick of total ignorance!)

...so why is this CD selling for $900 exactly? :rofl2:

Cuz you don't know about it. ?

Cuz you don't know about it. ?

...nor do I give a sh*t about it, haha. Or at least, not $900 worth of sh*t. ;)

Woops. Damn double post.

Guest Kill-It

The CD became like a unicorn for some reason - i spoke to a record collector in London Soho last year who had a copy for sale one time on evil bay 2014, he told me the interest he had was amazing, he then asked me "who is this band btw?". I dont think anyone could have predicted that a little known band from Lincoln UK would have such great reviews on a CD some 25 year later. :)

I just wanted a memory from my youth, hence me buying my copy.

I just wanted a memory from my youth, hence me buying my copy.

Did you see them back in the day? I grew up just outside Lincoln and caught a few of their shows.

I'm planning on clearing out the garage attic this summer and hope to come across the CD to go in the case. The mp3's i listened to a few months ago were ripped from that CD. I remember it sounding much better in 1992 :D

Guest Kill-It

Yes i did - a few times, both the official and unofficial gigs. Dean has been a good friend since 1992 (i lost touch with the rest of the guys), The MP3 rip which is floating around is shitty quality, i have that also.

I am always on the look out for any Tamar (sp) who was another Lincoln band of the same era, but never seen anything come about from them.

Cool, are you Lincs based or from somewhere in Lincs?

I was a bit young to know Dean back in the day, either that or too uncool! :rofl2: Although they were all out and about in the Vaults and Lazers back then.

I've not heard of Tamar but i do remember a heavier band called Erik Zan (sp?). I'd like to hear what they sounded like, they pretty extreme as far as i remember.

Guest Kill-It

Yep here in the "shire", move around the world a bit but came home. :) I drank in The Vaults for years until it closed and often had far too many and ended up in Lazers. But we started to venture out to Nottingham more and more.

I saw Erik Zan too - my friend from school and guy who played drums in two of my bands I was in was their drummer for a while.

Tamer were just like Sinful Kixx and the pre Sinful Kixx band Sweet Teaze.