The Poodles - Devil In The Details

Stefan

II used to love this band on their first few of releases, but gradually over the course of the last couple, I am beginning to lose interest. The two songs above don't exactly fill my ears with joy, so the album is gonna have to be a really strong one to get my vote. I haven't given up hope yet, but.....

I'm stuck between being a fan of the band and being sick of them. I think many of us are feeling the same way. I'm surprised at a new one being released so fast, yet not really excited about it.

• My Little Pony

I'm stuck between being a fan of the band and being sick of them. I think many of us are feeling the same way. I'm surprised at a new one being released so fast, yet not really excited about it.

So fast? They've released each one almost every two years. But, yeah... I listened to the first track, but didn't even finish it. I don't understand what is goings ons in their camp, right now, because I really liked Tour de Force.

It will be 6 studio releases and 1 live release in under 9 years, that is just too damn much nowadays. If they released 10 track albums maybe they could get away with it, but they all have 13 or 14 tracks....this is a recipe for fillers after fillers.

The debut was awesome as it sounded fresh, Sweet Trade was solid a little too much Power Metalish/Pirate tunes/lyrics in parts, Clash...was excellent for the most part, but too many tunes on it, Performocracy had a hand full of good ones but mostly filler, Tour De Force had less filler, but no real tunes that stood above the rest.

I really don't want to hear new Poodles, I need a rest from their music, and like Nolan said I didn't even listen to the new samples in full.

I have the same feeling towards Pretty Maids...I really hope they take a two to three year break before coming out with new stuff. Right now I like them, but don't over do it.

I don't mind the first song - kind of like a limp attempt at a 30 Seconds to Mars stadium anthem type thing... it's okay. The second song is more or less shit.

But yeah, I'm the same with these guys. I haven't disliked any of their albums except 'Sweet Trade,' but I also haven't loved any of them. They're a decent band, and I think the last album was one of my faves from them, but they're just one of those bands I can't get excited about, no matter how hard I try.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

What the hell website is that? The audio quality is shite. However, it has eased my mind on this new album. There's nothing wrong with those songs.

The first song is quite okay, very major-label sounding, probably intended to expand their market outside MHR segment,

the second one is a dud, but if it's a diverse album, then probably it's interesting, although I'm predicting maybe a 73% score top?

The first song is quite okay, very major-label sounding, probably intended to expand their market outside MHR segment,

the second one is a dud, but if it's a diverse album, then probably it's interesting, although I'm predicting maybe a 73% score top?

That's a pretty specific prediction, mate. ;)

• My Little Pony

I thought Tour De Force was....boring. I won't be buying this one blindly. Some heavy sampling will need to be done.

Whaaaat?

Tour de Force was solid. A big improvement over Performacracy.

With you.I'm clicking quote but it ain't quoting.

It's just nobody ever agrees with me...

I do agree with that.

I liked Performocracy better than Tour De Force.