Threshold - Legends of the Shires

legendsoftheshires.jpg

British Progressive icons THRESHOLD have announced their new album Legends Of The Shires will be released via Nuclear Blast on 8th September. Today the band unveiled the first single from the release, the ultra-prog epic Lost In Translation which has a song length of over ten minutes! Commented Thresholds Richard West Weve made a monster of an album so we thought we should release a monster of a single! This epic really showcases the many sides of our sound and is a great prelude to our album release"

Legends Of The Shires will be the bands eleventh studio album and their first ever double album; it also features Glynn Morgan back on vocal duties for the first time since 1996.

Check out the ethereal album artwork above by Russian artist Elena Dudina. Speaking about the artwork Richard West commented I love it when a cover tells you what sort of record youre buying. This one really shouts progressive and reminds me of some of the classic prog albums from the 20th century.

Legends Of The Shires tracklist

CD 1:

1. The Shire (Part 1) 2:03

2. Small Dark Lines 5:24

3. The Man Who Saw Through Time 11:51

4. Trust The Process 8:44

5. Stars And Satellites 7:20

6. On The Edge 5:20

CD 2:

7. The Shire (Part 2) 5:24

8. Snowblind 7:03

9. Subliminal Freeways 4:51

10. State Of Independence 3:37

11. Superior Machine 5:01

12. The Shire (Part 3) 1:22

13. Lost In Translation 10:20

14. Swallowed 3:54

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice album cover. Hypothetical, Subsurface and Dead Reckoning are my faves from them. I like the new song and I know they are a prog rock band, but not sure I agree with a 10 minute epic as best choice for lead single. I'll give the album a few listens, but admit to already being a bit disappointed that Damian is no longer with the band.

• 4 weeks later...

The first track had me impressed but this one is amazing. A must buy for me, first time I get excited about Threshold in nearly ten years when Dead Reckoning blew me away.

The first track had me impressed but this one is amazing. A must buy for me, first time I get excited about Threshold in nearly ten years when Dead Reckoning blew me away.

Yep. Same for me. This is absolute Dead Reckoning which I loved.

• 4 weeks later...

Megatastic ;)

I only got up to State of Independence, but what a gem. Three and a half mins of perfection.

Spun through twice today. Not sure my fave at the moment, as there are so many good songs on here.

Megatastic ;)

I only got up to State of Independence, but what a gem. Three and a half mins of perfection.

Spun through twice today. Not sure my fave at the moment, as there are so many good songs on here.

I pretty much love the whole thing. It's a majestic piece of music

My thoughts exactly :

"Im not really sure how to sum up Legends Of The Shires adequately, because in many ways I am lost for words. I was expecting a great album, because thats what Threshold always seems to deliver. I wasnt necessarily expecting a masterpiece. For that is exactly what Legends Of The Shires is; it is magical, it is majestic and it is a perfect tour-de-force of melodic progressive metal. Outstanding."

Wow.... that second song is superb.

I diggit.

This is a progressive album mate. Just warning you. It is excellent though

Never really gave this band a chance before but that song is excellent.

Most of the Mac era albums are chock full of amazing songs. Short and long.