Marc Ferrari

martinsane

OK here is a scan of the CD I found last week. As stated in another thread the tracks are not the same as the ...and Friends CD. The songs are amazing, there is really no band info about the cd, just writing credits for each song and what each song would appeal to or is best suited for.?!

metalsource.jpg

Again any more info on this CD or like CD's would be really cool.

"Hard Feelings" was recorded by Blackthorne on "Afterlife" and was in a cheesy horror movie.

Tracks 5-8 were on Medicine Wheels "First Thing First" cd.

Tracks 1-4 were on The Guest List cd and Tracks 3 and 4 I think were originally recorded on the Ferrari Demo before they were Cold Sweat and had Oni Logan on vocals.

"Proud to be Loud" was on the Keel "Back in Action" cd.

"Run for the Border" was also on the Guest List cd.

Tracks 12-16 I'm not sure about.

Where the heck did you find this thing Terry? That is seriously weird and cool :blink:

Looks to me like this is a "demonstration" CD that Marc would send out to producers to show samples of his work, in hopes of getting his music used in movies/TV shows/commercials/etc. Ken Tamplin (Shout) has several volumes like this floating around as well.

Where the heck did you find this thing Terry? That is seriously weird and cool :blink:

Looks to me like this is a "demonstration" CD that Marc would send out to producers to show samples of his work, in hopes of getting his music used in movies/TV shows/commercials/etc. Ken Tamplin (Shout) has several volumes like this floating around as well.

The family took a lil' overnighter to Sequim (pronounced squim) last week while I was on vacation and we cruised through town, oh my a lil' pawn shop, my I have a look, sure dear and violla!

I think/know you are right on track especially with anamals link. Sure would like to find more editions. Again this mother is a top shelf hard rock cd!!! Not only should this one find a home here on HH, but who knows maybe it should live in the land of uploads too???

• 13 years later...

Opened this old thread up on a whim earlier this evening, and did a little exploring; turns out, there's a whole gaggle of these MasterSource CDs around: 

https://www.discogs.com/label/577612-MasterSource

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw="master+source"&_sacat=11233&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=11233&_odkw=mastersource+

Marc Ferrari put out quite a few of these between 1996-2003, with a wide variety of musical genres represented. :tumbsup:

Tracks 12 & 13 "All Woman" and "Put the Hurt On You" were written by Marc and featured in the movie Affliction

Tracks 15 & 16 are by Jeff Wilson, and featured in the movie Brokeback Mountain 

Track 14 "Shufflin' Off" remains a mystery; sent Marc an IM on Facebook asking about it, just hoping for a response. :tumbsup:

• Like 1