Stage Dolls - Commando CD's Are Fakes

The eBay seller skivsthlm is selling FAKE Commendo's CD's says the band. Thi is fresh off MelodicRock.com

The Stage Dolls would like fans to know that copies of their much sort after CD Commando's, current selling on E-Bay are bootleg's. They are not an official re-issue and the band has nothing to do with these copies.

Yeah i figured when one seller came up with an "unlimited" number of copies, that they were boots, just like before the Tommy Shaw cd was reissued they had more copies than were probably ever pressed originally, and the same with alot of other titles they offer.......I have an original of "Commandos" and like i said in an earlier post i have spoke with Torstein about how to tell the difference......

Later

Lon

Oh well...I took a chance. eBay has been notified of the bootlegs <_<

This was quite a broad & general statement by the band though. To just say: "the copies of 'Commandos' on eBay are fakes & the band has nothing to do with them" will make everyone wary from now on - even when a genuine comes up.

What they should do is post the actual serial/pressing number as well as some scans on their official site, so people can tell the difference & make up their own minds. I have personally seen boots (and have my own original) of the U.S pressing on Big Time records, so could help...

Thought it would be too good to be true that these might be originals. He's a bit of a cheek stating he thinks they are legit. I've just had a look at the last 30 days listings and he's sold 87!! with another three currently running. I'll admit to taking a chance as have many of the 'big' or should i say 'known' names in this game.

I'm not overly happy, but i have got the disc (coming) and will own the music.

scott.

I e-mailed him and told him that the Band has already stated that they are fakes and he won't respond to me... <_<

Yes..the center ring is alot different with the printing.

Dunno yet...I got about 8 cd's this week and I'm still on Kingofthehill - Unreleased

The Norwegian pressing is superb, garruanteed to be not a bootleg  :)

where's Adriano  :)

Another ridiculous statement. I have seen more boots of the Grappa pressing than of the Big Time pressing.

Another ridiculous statement. I have seen more boots of the Grappa pressing than of the Big Time pressing.

And I've nearly bought them on a couple of occasions aswell.

These boots you see of the Grappa edition must only be in England then :)

Last one I saw was when I was In France a couple of years back, he had 5 copies of it which made me suspicious straight away, so I steered clear. the other was on Ebay and strangely enough the seller wasn't in the UK either.

:drink::drink:

Guest I.C.Eyes

One of the big fault they made with this bootleg are that they made a gap between Prelude & Heart To Heart.They have made a 2-3 secounds gap between " Prelude " and " Heart to heart " After he say stop on the original album, they go direkt to first riff.

I do have the lp ( Us edition ), no gap between this one either. Same goes for Norwegian lp & cd.This make me

think that they might have recorded this bootleg from the original cd without telling nero or other burning programs that there should not be any no gaps between tracks.

Cheers Terje.

If you look through the ones sold, MetalMayhem and AORHeaven both bought some ;)

:rofl2:

Left for feedback by Surff

Thanks! One of the best bootlegs I've ever seen. Recommended!

• 10 years later...

Anyone know where you can get a cheap copy of this album at the moment? The bootleg is totally fine with me, as long as it's silver pressed. In the mean time, can someone hook this guy up with the MP3s? :lol: I was amazed as I was sickened by the fact that I have no version of this at all in my collection, and I can't get it anywhere at the moment either. :(