Tbone / dan need help here

figgy

Dan as i last stated pertaining to a post I put up about retrospect records they were reissueing the Rock boulevard cd.Dan you replied it was a reissue I believe.However if you check out the bottom of this ebay auction the seller states it's an original cd not cdr.I'm I mistaking what he's saying,or am I being mislead.Your input would be appreciated.here is the ebay item....

home | pay | register | sign in | site map

Advanced Search

Back to home page Listed in category: Music > CDs

ROCK BOULEVARD CD-1990-Melodic Hard Rock/Hair Metal/AOR Item number: 4797206813

Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Watch this item in My eBay | Email to a friend

Larger Picture

Current bid: US $37.00

Time left: 21 hours 19 mins

7-day listing, Ends Nov-27-05 14:17:35 PST

Start time: Nov-20-05 14:17:35 PST

History: 13 bids (US $0.99 starting bid)

High bidder: bilmoqo ( 596)

Item location: LAS VEGAS, NV

United States

Ships to: Worldwide

Shipping costs: US $2.50 - US Postal Service First Class Mail®

Other shipping services available

Shipping, payment details and return policy

Seller information

recordjnky ( 18135)

Feedback Score: 18135

Positive Feedback: 99.8%

Member since Aug-22-99 in United States

Read feedback comments

Add to Favorite Sellers

Ask seller a question

View seller's other items

Store view | List view

Visit this seller's eBay Store!

RECORDJNKY

Free PayPal Buyer Protection

See eligibility

Description

Item Specifics - Music: CDs

Genre: Rock Album Type: Full-Length CD

Sub-Genre: Hard Rock Condition: New

THIS ROCK BOULEVARD CD TITLED "ROCK BOULEVARD" WAS FIRST RELEASED IN 1990 AND RE-ISSUED IN 2005 BY RETROSPECT RECORDS AND IS STILL SEALED - BRAND NEW!!

WELL HERE IT IS - ONE OF THE RAREST CD'S IN THE WORLD!! TOTALLY AWESOME AOR / HAIR METAL THAT NEEDS NO INTRODUCTION. ONE OF THE BEST INDIES EVER RELEASED - THE HOLY GRAIL OF INDIES. COLLECTORS ARE FALLING ALL OVER THEMSELVES TO GET THEIR HANDS ON THIS GEM - AND NOW YOU HAVE THE CHANCE!! DO NOT PASS THIS UP - THIS CD USUALLY GOES FOR $1000+. LET THE BIDDING BEGIN! CHECK OUT THE SOUND CLIPS.....

THE SONGS ARE:

1. Girl You Know (It's Your Love)

2. Invisible Chains

3. Statutory

4. Mama

5. I Got What You Want

6. I Live For Rock-N-Roll

7. Mama

THE CD/CASE/INSERTS ARE IN NEW CONDITION!!

SHIPPING & HANDLING RATES:

UNITED STATES & CANADA: Buyer pays $2.50 for shipping (1ST CLASS USPS) & handling and $1.00 for each ADDITIONAL CD after the first.

INTERNATIONAL: $4 for AIRMAIL with Jewel Case - I will NOT send surface mail!.

INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ONLY - I WILL ship MULTIPLE CD's without the jewel cases:

CANADA & MEXICO: $2 for 2 CD's and 50 cents for each additional CD.

REST OF THE WORLD: $4 for 2 CD's and 50 cents for each additional CD.

Due to the increase of non or slow paying bidders, I MUST recieve payment no later than 2 WEEKS after the auction closes or i will file a NON PAYING BIDDER ALERT AND/OR leave NEGATIVE feedback!!

PAYMENT CAN BE MADE BY:

MONEY ORDER

CONCEALED U.S. $$$

CASHIERS CHECK

PERSONAL CHECK

PAYPAL

BIDPAY

WESTERN UNION

This is the ORIGINAL CD - not a home made CDR!!

PLEASE SEE MY OTHER AUCTIONS AND PLEASE......NO DEADBEAT BIDDERS!!!!!!

Powered by eBay Turbo Lister

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping, payment details and return policy

Shipping Cost Services Available Available to

US $2.50 US Postal Service First Class Mail® United States Only

US $4.00 USPS Airmail Letter Post N. and S. America, Europe, Asia, Australia

US $2.50 USPS Airmail Letter Post Canada, Mexico

Will ship to Worldwide.

Save on shipping - buy additional items now from this seller's other listings!

Learn about shipping discounts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping insurance

Not offered

Seller's payment instructions

Please send all mailed payments to: Aaron McCaslin Po Box 15405 Las Vegas, NV 89114 USA Please include item name(s) and/or number(s) with payment. Thanks alot!!

Payment methods accepted

This seller, recordjnky, prefers PayPal.

Personal check

Money order/Cashiers check

Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods accepted

Learn about payment methods.

eBay recommended services

Increase the trust in the eBay and PayPal community by becoming a verified buyer. Get Verified today.

Ready to bid? help

ROCK BOULEVARD CD-1990-Melodic Hard Rock/Hair Metal/AOR

Item title: ROCK BOULEVARD CD-1990-Melodic Hard Rock/Hair Metal/AOR

Current bid: US $37.00

Your maximum bid: US $

(Enter US $38.00 or more)

You will confirm in the next step.

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid.

Learn about bidding.

What else can you do?

Back to home page | Ask seller a question | Printer Version

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

eBay Pulse | eBay Reviews | eBay Stores | Half.com | Kijiji | PayPal | Popular Searches | ProStores | Rent.com | Shopping.com

Australia | Austria | Belgium | China | France | Germany | India | Italy | Spain | United Kingdom

About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | Policies | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

eBay official time

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not T-Bone or Dan....But i have read thru your post.....I am not trying to start any kind of argument, but by reading the description, one could be very misled....... Toward the top is says "First Released 1990....Reissued 2005 by Retrospect Records" .......Then if you read further down under the "Payment Info".....It states "Original cd not a homemade cd-r"......But aren't most Retrospect reissues Cdr's?........Although it may not be a homemade cdr and pressed at a plant somewhere it is still a cdr, so how can you say it is original......Figgy you were wise for posting this, and like i said i am not trying to stir anything but, but it is very misleading........

Well , I know Aaron very well and its not homemade. I believe this is an oversight. It is an original on Retrospect Records. He announces it as a 2005 re-issue on Retrospect Records , therefore it is the original Retrospect release. That part seems pretty clear. For example , Rough Cutt 2on1 cd on Wounded Bird is a re-issue....but it's an original. I hope that makes sense.

This board and its 'originals' , 're-issues' ,'silver-pressed' , 'boots' etc is a laugh a minute.

Let the ebay police respond....

Yes this is the ORIGINAL ISSUE by retrospect and is a factory pressed and sealed cd and NOT a home made job.

Man, some of you guys are unbelievable and try to find things that aren't there...

I am certainly not one to mislead.

If anyone has questions, I have answers!

I'm not even sure what the question was. :(

Figgy, next time instead of copying and pasting the entire text from the auction page into the message, just (1) put a link to the Ebay auction and (2) selectively quote the portion of the auction description that you have a question about.

I'll be honest, I started reading your post and couldn't muddle through it all...

-Dan

Well like i said i was not trying to stir anything up, Figgy asked a ? and i answered. And yes the way it is listed can very misleading, i am not accusing you of trying to screw anyone over or trying to find something that is not there, read it yourself, but i am sorry and "original" is not a cdr. But to each their own...........

Not to change the subject or anything, but I just noticed this...a lot of u probably have. There are companies such as:

Vinyl Revolution

CDBBQ

I seen these while searching for cds on the GOOGLE Search engine. These two companies happen to come up. I looked at the websites, curious to what they were. Records transferred to cd. Vinyl Revolution, they put the record on cdr....with the artwork as well. But in order to get the cd you either had to already have the album itself, OR you had to purchase the album, then you got the cd.

CDBBQ, from what read was a little different.....you could send your vinyls to them, and they would remaster them on cd

What do you guys think of that? I don't know if that is right or whatever...I am not saying it is or its not. I just stumbled on to this while looking for a Skagarack cd...the first one that is.

Vinyl Revolution had it for 45.00. Not to start anything, but I think that is kinda ridiculous simply because I have seen the actual cd cost between $30 and $50. On Metal Mayhem...right now I think they have one for $70 or $80. I think its kinda crazy to spend that much for a record.....I dont' know.....I'm confused. I hope someone could understand what I just tried to explain without getting it twisted.

I'm not even sure what the question was. :(

Figgy, next time instead of copying and pasting the entire text from the auction page into the message, just (1) put a link to the Ebay auction and (2) selectively quote the portion of the auction description that you have a question about.

I'll be honest, I started reading your post and couldn't muddle through it all...

-Dan

I was a little confused as to what his actual question was, too. Maybe this will help:

original cd - no

reissue cd - yes

homemade cdr - no

factory pressed cdr - yes

confusing auction description - yes

Well like i said i was not trying to stir anything up, Figgy asked a ? and i answered. And yes the way it is listed can very misleading, i am not accusing you of trying to screw anyone over or trying to find something that is not there, read it yourself, but i am sorry and "original" is not a cdr. But to each their own...........

An 'original' is not a cdr?? :wtf:

What if it has NEVER been released before in ANY format?

Examples:

Suspicion "Hollywood Nites"

Bittersweet "Loaded Up"

a number of discs released by Perris Records

a ton of discs on CDBABY

It's that kind of hoyty toyty , nit-picking statement that makes me sick and makes you look like a complete :butt:

But hey , to each their own , right?

An 'original' is not a cdr?? :wtf:

What if it has NEVER been released before in ANY format?

Examples:

Suspicion "Hollywood Nites"

Bittersweet "Loaded Up"

a number of discs released by Perris Records

a ton of discs on CDBABY

It's that kind of hoyty toyty , nit-picking statement that makes me sick and makes you look like a complete :butt:

But hey , to each their own , right?

I think all that he meant was that most people equate "original" cd's with being silver pressed discs. If you bought a cd from your local Best Buy & got home, opened it & saw that it was printed on a cheap CDR, what would you think? And is Perris & CDBaby selling discs that are released on CDR's (& I'm not being a smart-ass here, just really wanting to know...I've got several discs I'm getting ready to order from them).

Yes this is the ORIGINAL ISSUE by retrospect and is a factory pressed and sealed cd and NOT a home made job.

Man, some of you guys are unbelievable and try to find things that aren't there...

I am certainly not one to mislead.

If anyone has questions, I have answers!

I have a question....

Am I right to assume this is (as it states in the auction) the ORIGINAL CD from 1990? The auction clearly states this at the bottom... I believe that 'TRI-0003' the catalogue number, so I'd be interested to see if that's the same as this auctioned disc.... If this is not the ORIGINAL 1990 edition then it sure as hell shouldn't say so in the auction.

I have bought quite a few Retrospect re-issues from vegascds on eBAY & am very pleased, the quality of product & packaging is excellent, & I KNEW what I was getting. In this auction I just wouldn't be so sure.....

The problem we get into is that there are *two* different uses of the word "original" being compared with one another here, so I can see how someone could easily get confused.

1. "original" vs. "reissue"

2. "original" vs. "CD-R"

Both usages are commonly used in the CD collecting arena...

In all candor, when the term "original" is used in either context, I assume the disc is a pressed silver disc.

Remember, it's only been in the last few years that some bands/labels have legitimately released material on CDRs; prior to that point #2 was a nonissue, so you could safely assume that when the word "original" was used, there was no doubt that it was a silver pressed disc.

Not so any more. It makes things a bit more of a minefield, and if you ever have any doubt, it's best to contact the seller before bidding/buying.

Caveat emptor.

-Dan

it states in the auction it is the original re-issue by RETROSPECT RECORDS in 2005 , obviously its not the original independent issue from 1990 because i would say "this is the ORIGINAL INDIE ISSUE from 1990" -- why is this so difficult to process?? in other words , its not a home made copy made from the original indie issue OR the retrospect re-issue.

honestly, how elementary do this listings need to be?

On the other hand, they don't need to be misleading either.....

I personally think the listings would be more accurate (or at least less confusing) if the word "original" was removed. When some people see that word, they think they are getting an original first pressing & not a re-release.

I personally think the listings would be more accurate (or at least less confusing) if the word "original" was removed.  When some people see that word, they think they are getting an original first pressing & not a re-release.

In this case I agree. The word "original" just serves to confuse people and it doesn't really add anything to the description.

Just looking at things from strictly a logical standpoint, isn't "original reissue" an oxymoron? :crazy:

I personally think the listings would be more accurate (or at least less confusing) if the word "original" was removed.  When some people see that word, they think they are getting an original first pressing & not a re-release.

In this case I agree. The word "original" just serves to confuse people and it doesn't really add anything to the description.

Just looking at things from strictly a logical standpoint, isn't "original reissue" an oxymoron? :crazy:

not if its a Wounded Bird release.

Hey chocularok

CDBABY is outlet which carries independent releases mostly, and if the artist opted in pressing it on cdr, they will carry it too. So time to time you may get cdr's from them, yes.

The good thing about this store is that the artist determine the retail price the CD would sell, and collect most of the money. CDBABY only gets flat commision of $4 per CD. It's a very good store for underground artists! :headbanger:

Hey chocularok

CDBABY is outlet which carries independent releases mostly, and if the artist opted in pressing it on cdr, they will carry it too. So time to time you may get cdr's from them, yes.

The good thing about this store is that the artist determine the retail price the CD would sell, and collect most of the money. CDBABY only gets commision percentage. It's a very good store for underground artists!  :headbanger:

you better check those stats again , cdbaby takes a hefty cut of the sales.

Taken from their website:

- You set your selling price at whatever you want.

- We keep $4 per CD sold.

- We pay checks every week

I'd HARDLY call $4 a "hefty cut", considered they handle all payment/shipment work for you and all you have to do is send them your stuff and then just sit back and cashing the checks.

PLUS, with them you get GREAT online promotion having a dedicated page on their server (150,000 unique daily hits) with audio samples, artwork, YOUR OWN CUSTOMIZED info, customer reviews, etc. etc.

Sorry, but no one can beat CDBABY when it comes to supporting independent bands! Not even close!

Taken from their website:

- You set your selling price at whatever you want.

- We keep $4 per CD sold.

- We pay checks every week

I'd HARDLY call $4 a "hefty cut", considered they handle all payment/shipment work for you and all you have to do is send them your stuff and then just sit back and cashing the checks.

PLUS, with them you get GREAT online promotion having a dedicated page on their server (150,000 unique daily hits) with audio samples, artwork, YOUR OWN CUSTOMIZED info, customer reviews, etc. etc.

Sorry, but no one can beat CDBABY when it comes to supporting independent bands! Not even close!

:agree: CDBABY is top notch. Super quick shipping too. I enjoy the sound samples too. Just a great site to order from, right up the with NEH and Impulse Music. ~C

Not to get too off topic here, but I was getting ready to order the following cd's from CDBABY...

Solinger - S/T

Sledgehammer Ledge - S/T

Big Cock - Year Of The Cock

Does anyone know if these are pressed on cdr?

Big Cock is silver pressed, and the last copy I ordered of sledgehammer ledge was too...I have not ordered the solinger........ :)

Not to get too off topic here, but I was getting ready to order the following cd's from CDBABY...

Solinger - S/T

Sledgehammer Ledge - S/T

Big Cock - Year Of The Cock

Does anyone know if these are pressed on cdr?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.